SAU Community

50km as of next year!!!!

Majanal

The Tool...i agree totally!! :uh-huh:

the drive between Syd and Canberra (for example) is SOOO mindnumbingly boring sitting on 110km/h...and it's such a straight, safe road! Roads like that should definately have a higher limit. The only thing that keeps me awake is glancing at my speedo every 5 secs to make sure I'm not speeding too much lol

as for 50km/h zones...yeah we have them here, but it's "unless posted otherwise"...and most main suburban streets seem to be posted 60 (from what I've seen anyway)!

some places where it's 50 (for example i live in a Circuit and it would be 50) you wouldn't be able to hit 60 if you tried, probably wouldn't even get up to 50 either!

Guys,

The blanket 50km/h limit has nothing to do with revenue raising. In reality it will have little or no effect on the motoring public but it will free up funds that are currently being spent on 50 speed limit signposting in residential areas.

When this comes into effect all collector and arterial roads will remain at the same speed limit and will be signposted accordingly, while residential and local roads will be 50. This means that the millions of 50 limit signs on local roads will no longer be required and the only speed limit signposting will be on major arterial routes.

On the subject of seat position I was unfortunate enough to attend a fatal accident where the driver had his seat back and "submarined" under the seat belt and drilled himself (I think it was a him) into the firewall under the steering wheel. I wouldn't wish that on anyone.

Geez I'm a little ray of sunshine today, aren't I?

Avagoodweekend,

Ben

i totally disagree! how can you say it isn't revenue raising...

all the cops will do is sit in unmarked zones, catching everyone driving along at the mind numbing speed of 60km/h and book em for 10 over..

how can you say that has no effect on the motoring public? looks to be a big effect to me! what next, 40km zones in suburban areas, followed by 40km zones everywhere... followed by walking because it will be faster!