• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok here we go

Car: 1992 R32 GTS-T

Rating: 1

Price: $1088 + $35 for Rating 1 Protection

Agreed Value: $12550

Excess: $400 Standard Excess. $1000 Thieft Excess

Covered Mods: Body Kit, Steering Wheel, Exhaust, Wheels and Tyres ($1700), Stereo ($1500)

It is true about where you are means alot but it doesn't just go by cars stolen, It goes by how much people make a claim. For example my friend is paying an extra $200 a year for his insurance now then when he use to live in the same area as me. The area he is in now is abit more upperclass with not a high car theift rate but the people have the extra money to spend to cover their excess everytime something happens to a car. Also they may not have the knowledge nor the time to get the job done themself.

Edited by Triptych

Next time you start a thread please put some more info there.

How old are you?

I'm going to just assume your under 25 with a GTR :thumbsup:, like myself. When I went looking for insurance, the only companies that really wanted to talk to me were Just Cars and GIO Customs, anyone else said over 25, or over 30 for GTR's.

Others were considering it but required the car to be not visible from the street.

I have an excellent driving record, this has paid off and I have an excellent premium, if everyone starts doing racing on the track only (nothing stupid on the street) then our premiums would be less :)

Skylines have the worst name in the Insurance industry.

I know cause I work in Insurance.

They have the most claims and are are up there on the "most stolen" list.

The worst offenders are aged between the 18 and 28, but we could all guess that.

Unfortunately we all get stung in premiums when others bend there rides.

it's really a matter of not how good just cars are sometimes they are the only company that will insure young people and they charge accordingly becouse of that . was with them the first yr i had my skyline cause shannons said i wasant a enthusist lol .

20 yrs racing cars i ac cobrba kit i built and im not a enthusist lol had me beat im 48 yrs old by the way . next yr tried shannons again thru a member on here and got a great deal r33 gtst agreed value 18g choice of repairer pay by the month no penalty ,

and around $850 a yr i then insured my falcon wagon with them and got a better deal and now they do house insurence so might put the house with them and see what sort of package they can do for the lot .

pity they dont do marine insurence for boats tho :-(

when i was 24 i insured my gtr with every mod listed and i paid $2800.....and in that year the car was off the road for about 10 months. The following year when i was 25 it went down to $1300. That was through Famous Insurance though. I am with Just Cars now but i will be changing over to Shannon's.

The test isnt how much they charge for premiums....its how they behave when you make a claim. I was not impressed with how they handled my claim, it wasnt even my fault so they would have reclaimed all costs....but the repairs were doddgy, backed the panel beater rather then me and i got a car back with worse paint then i gave them....this all after having to wait for months for them to approve the repairs...and then not want to finx some damage their tow truck driver did when removing the car from Panel Beater A to Panel Beater B.

A friends car repairs are being delayed at the moment with AAMI which is the same company...so seems its runs through the organisation. Even though you are not at fault, they will not instigate repairs unless the other insurance company approves /accepts the liability...thats assuming the other driver is at least insured.

there good i paid 300 or a little more iam 18 with r32 3rd party no fire and theft i got best alrm system and club lock so depending on them to keep my beast safe lol

Im 24 with a Rating 1

Just Car agreed value of $28000 for my 34 GTT. Full comp obviously...

Listed mods are exhaust, boost controller, immobiliser, air filter, window tint, lowered. thats all i can think of at the moment

I pay $1050 per year.

I was speaking to them yesterday and they said they don't charge extra for under 25, they go by driving record (ie rating 1)

Before the mods my premium was $980

I reckon thats not too bad!

R33 gts-t

*agreed value of 18500 ...

*rating 1

*age 23

*excess cover

*no fines at all

*in a good area for insurance

i pay $1400 for full comp this is my fourth year with them also and I have that option where you can reduce your upfront premium and pay a higher excess.

<25 + Perfect driving record.

R33 With RB30DET + all the usual mods to go along

I asked for a quote to suit my recently completed conversion with justcars today:

$1900 premium + $3100 excess

or

$1100 + $4200excess.

or

$606 for Third Party property & fire and theft.

I also enquired with Famous who I've been with for 5+ years: $2456 + $2000 excess... very annoying as after all this time they were not willing to lower their premium to keep a long time customer.

Bottom line is, if you've spent alot of money modifying your car, expect to pay alot for insurance.

Quick question regarding insurance...

I stacked my work rigid last week into a cow (yes, a cow).

When I am asked this question, is it relating to my car or any vehicle?

"Accidents/claims where you (being the Youngest Driver) were responsible..."

I wasn't in the wrong since a bloody cow shouldn't have been crossing the FREEWAY as it fell off the back of a transporting truck (guess I put it out of its misery before it got to the slaughter house!)

Quick question regarding insurance...

I stacked my work rigid last week into a cow (yes, a cow).

When I am asked this question, is it relating to my car or any vehicle?

"Accidents/claims where you (being the Youngest Driver) were responsible..."

I wasn't in the wrong since a bloody cow shouldn't have been crossing the FREEWAY as it fell off the back of a transporting truck (guess I put it out of its misery before it got to the slaughter house!)

Did the cow have insurance? Then a un-insured 3rd party driver claim (exists with AAMI) may save you, lol. Only problem is you need it in writing that the other motorist did not have insurance....

Seriously, ask your insurance, and the driver of the truck the cow fell off, I assume you got there details.

And create a new thread :(

Famous ! Wouldnt piss on them if they were on fire !

Was with them for nearly 7 years then had a at fault low speed accident(roof damage) and the car was written off buy them.

My first at fault accident in 25 years of driving.

Paid out around $1100 bucks a year in that time to them.

Bought another line and rang em up to get it insured and was told "that we dont reinsure customers after a write off situation, its company police" !!!! What The F%#k !

Went to Shannons for about $870 a year for the same value.

Six month later was sitting at an intersection waiting to turn right and was hit head on by a Porsch running a red. Total write off both me and the car. Shannons where the best. Had the cheque 5 days after the claim went in.

I couldnt speak more highly of their service and profesinalism.