SAU Community

Just Car Insurance How Good Is It?

Tamrb26

when i had my R33 that was the first car i ever got insured under my name and being just turning 21 and of my P's insuring a turbo import i think they were pretty good. got the line insured for 15k on full comp for $1700 rating 4 i think it was. had a little misshap and the second party who was at fault was not insured and just cars handled it all for me car was fixed by my choice of panel beater within a week.

getting another skyline and will deff gonna be using just cars again

• 6 months later...
  • Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to make a claim after a crash today, crashed in a Hyundai, my fault and was also rear ended by a fellow Skyline owner. I will deal with the specifics over the phone etc, but I can't find a true desciption of how RATING ONE PROTECTION helps me in this instance, does anyone know exactly how it helps?. This is my first claim.

So, what insurers can we consult who are not AAMI affiliates? JustCars can blow me for that very reason, as can Shannons now they're allied to those pricks.

I need to insure my car soon, I'm 26 years old, HR31 Skyline GTS; and my missus needs to insure hers, but thats a whole other kettle of fish, being its both a Stagea AND she is currently on her L's, P's later in the year (she's 26, late starter, I'm not some cradle snatcher!).

I've had bad experience from both sides with AAMI and their stooge companies, so I want an insurer for both that has NOTHING to do with AAMI or the parent group.

Yea I got a quote from them today for my R32 GTST with a built rb24 full respray etc for $1200 a year plus and heres the figures $1500 car excess + $300 standard excess + $350 age excess to cover me with rating 1 and value of $12000 on the car...

Who else is there who covers imports?

^^^ +1

More Companies = More competition

Compared to Just Car, a couple of the above offer 'Pay by the month'

Always try to have $$ to get "Agreed Value" over "Market Value" payout figure. Fingers get burnt when insurance companies are left to estimate (in their own favour) just how much your precious (grey import) car is worth should it be stolen.

If you have a daily, you can also get a heavy discount from one of the above since they (and we) know that you can only drive one car at a time. So both cars can be put under the one policy.

Always supply details of upgrades when you mod.

Cheers,

Tez :banana:

ive used just cars for all 6 of my high powered cars and ive never had a problem with them... their service has been great, and prices... although still expensive... much much cheaper than other big names like nrma, aami, and suncorp etc.

cheers

Linton

ive used just cars for all 6 of my high powered cars and ive never had a problem with them... their service has been great, and prices... although still expensive... much much cheaper than other big names like nrma, aami, and suncorp etc.

cheers

Linton

Just Cars , and now Shannons, are AAMI.

Same people, same offices, your correspondence has a different letterhead and thats about it.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

i was told by racq "my car is unacceptable" and they hung up

i have just cars full comp inc my 22 yo gf (no not my gf insured - she driving it)

yes you get raped by insurance companies they are pretty much all the same but if shit hits the fan you may pay out half of your car but not the other which may just be the ducks nuts...

so i guess you get raped with a smaller object rather than the whole forearm and clenched fist

they were good and nice while taking my money but hopefully i'll never need to use them...

Ive been with them for 3 years now.

First year $2500

Second year $2100

Thrid year $1800

PS: i was 17 when i first got it.

Im changing off them as soon as it runs out in july as i havent had any claims so i should be able to find someone else that will insure me.

my car got broken into the other week, called them up to find out excess for a broken window and they quoted me $1950 excess. whats the point of having insureance if yoiu cant use it?

Edited by blinko