SAU Community

Put New Speedo Kit And Leds In And Then...

gumflapper

hi all...

i got a new white 300km/h speedo kit from POLICE a few weeks ago and some niiiiice blue led clusters from 666DAN last week... came time to install them today and it works grrr8 :P very happy... calibrated the speed using my navman n its super :P until i decide to put the clear, plastic shield back over the cluster and then oh ohh... there is spray paint mist all over it! :D any ideas on how to get it off... ive tried soapy water... nail polish remover wit no luck... then came time for the turps... n it still didnt come off...

has anyone got any ideas on how to get it off? or perhaps do i have to find a new cover?

i got if off of POLICE for $100.00 took about 2 hrs 2 install... from beginning to end... i also put in some blue led clusters which i got from 666DAN... ill post a pic up when its stopped raining as i dnt wanna get my feet wet :D

i got if off of POLICE for $100.00 took about 2 hrs 2 install... from beginning to end... i also put in some blue led clusters which i got from 666DAN... ill post a pic up when its stopped raining as i dnt wanna get my feet wet :domokun:

No worries mate, but besides ringing my local station or ringing 000 how do i get in contact with this POLICE MAN. :)

No worries mate, but besides ringing my local station or ringing 000 how do i get in contact with this POLICE MAN. :)

did u try 112 from ur mobile? :domokun:

uhhhhh... search members for "POLICE" n ull find him... pm him... but the 1 he gave/sent me he baught n then didnt want so i doubt he baught nemore...

did u try 112 from ur mobile? :banana:

uhhhhh... search members for "POLICE" n ull find him... pm him... but the 1 he gave/sent me he baught n then didnt want so i doubt he baught nemore...

Arrh ok it was a private sale, yeah i doubt he would have a stock pile lying around. Thanks mate.

get in touch with 666DAN... he supplied my blue led clusters for my dash and A/C and they look great...

i got hold of sum PlastX Clear Plastic Cleaner & Polish stuff 2day from autobarn... did pretty well... took a while tho n i ended up using half the bottle if not more... but cant complain with the finished result... cost me $20- and a bit of work but its bettter then what it was...

here are the pics...

Dash

post-44390-1203328425_thumb.jpg

A/C Controls

post-44390-1203328446_thumb.jpg

as you can see... the dash is perfect blue right under the diode clusters... im thinking about changing them... i like the blue clusters and the way they are arranged, i dont understand why they dont shine thru like you would think they would... the only part that "bothers" me as it were is near the fuel and temp guages... cant see sh*t... lol

here are the pics...

Dash

post-44390-1203328425_thumb.jpg

A/C Controls

post-44390-1203328446_thumb.jpg

as you can see... the dash is perfect blue right under the diode clusters... im thinking about changing them... i like the blue clusters and the way they are arranged, i dont understand why they dont shine thru like you would think they would... the only part that "bothers" me as it were is near the fuel and temp guages... cant see sh*t... lol

Yep for the life of me can't understand why the cluster doesn't light up right? It's as if the light guides that you have in the back aren't directing correctly to the cutouts on the new speedo etc et maybe go back to the nice stock 180kph model :/