SAU Community

Going R32 Gtr Shopping, Need Some Advice...

omega36

i personally took out a loan which was all to be spent on the gtst and i got the gtr at a bangin price

ill be payin back about 27 aswell

its been about 6 months

and running fine

1st year apprentice wages even still

people say its hard.. kinda is, you cant go out and splurge, and u get your paycheck that says 350 but u only actually have 250 becaus ebank takes 100 a week...

but

everytime i drive my gtr i think... this is why i work... this is why i dont go out as much, this is why i sacrifice... i knew what i was getting in to before i did it and now im taking it

key thing

just know what your geting urself in to

fully understand

i fried my clutch in the first week

but it was pretty shot when i bought the car

has been ok generally

however i have only had it for a month or so :D

keep an eye out for chipped up intake plenums?? not a good sign :(

Has it had a rebuild?

If not, STRESS every time your drive the thing.

i personally took out a loan which was all to be spent on the gtst and i got the gtr at a bangin price

ill be payin back about 27 aswell

its been about 6 months

and running fine

1st year apprentice wages even still

people say its hard.. kinda is, you cant go out and splurge, and u get your paycheck that says 350 but u only actually have 250 becaus ebank takes 100 a week...

but

everytime i drive my gtr i think... this is why i work... this is why i dont go out as much, this is why i sacrifice... i knew what i was getting in to before i did it and now im taking it

key thing

just know what your geting urself in to

fully understand

But what if you blow the engine, or something else happens?

Have fun. A loan on your head on a car you can't drive, plus trying to save for the $$$$ you need to fix it..... :(

Personally I think it is dumb taking out a loan on a car, especially a car that costs heaps to maintain and fix.

Well. I bought an R32 GTR... It's going great so far. I guess the loan part is me being impatient, I actually have a decent salary, and I am willing to pay for problems that (will) arise. I've never gone through so much petrol in less than a week before... but wow, what a car.

good on you for buying one, I own both and i couldnt resist getting the R, It might cost a bit in the long run but its such a nice car and well worth the money. and if its in good condition and treated well you will be alright just one word dont neglect it or it will cost you. Just service it and look after and you will be fine. Enjoy

But what if you blow the engine, or something else happens?

Have fun. A loan on your head on a car you can't drive, plus trying to save for the $$$$ you need to fix it..... :thumbsup:

Personally I think it is dumb taking out a loan on a car, especially a car that costs heaps to maintain and fix.

yea, some people can handle it some people cant

for the blowing the engine thing, thats why you have another car... lol shitbomb or a motorbike

your entitled to your own opinion, but its not :"DUMB" takn out loan...

if you do it, deal with it. whats what im doin

and its working so far

• 1 year later...
hey mate,

i was in the same position as you when i rode off my 33. i was looking for a while at r32gtr but prob i found was that the age of the car was the main problem factor when checking them over. alot of them were a ruff drive, in most cases, if i had bought a gtr, all the bushes in the suspension would need to b changed, the shosks re-gassed just to improve ride quality, and the engines werent the prettiest thing i would have seen around.

my advice is if u cant aford to spend around 25k for a clean gt-r that has had a recent rebuild, has aftermarket suspension, and minor mods to inprove drivablility, dont buy 1. i looked at heaps around 16-20k and they were all shit.

instead of spending 20k on a 15-18yr old 32 gtr, i spent 21k on a '00' r34gtt. since having the 34 i have found the ride to be awesome in comparison to heaps of the gtr's i test drove and had inspected by my mechanic.

if ur gettin a loan to buy your car, i would suggest a 33gtst, minor mods, and away you go with about 13-16k.

if your prepared to buy a 33 in good nick that is stock, let me know. i know a dealer that we'll be able to do you a good price. let me know.

Mate I know this is an old, OLD post but do you still know the dealer than can arrange a 33 stock in good nick. I'm looking for a manual, series II gtst. PM if you can help. Cheers!

i fried my clutch in the first week

but it was pretty shot when i bought the car

has been ok generally

however i have only had it for a month or so :(

keep an eye out for chipped up intake plenums?? not a good sign :)

keep an eye out for chipped up intake plenums?? not a good sign :P

what do you mean by chipped up ?

why is this not a good sign ?

hope its all going well with you new ride, i would advise buy a runabout car for to and from work something cheap on fuel and save the gtr from daily abuse >_<

i dont know what i would do if i just had a gtr to get me to and from places everyday as its always in peices lol

• 9 months later...
Hi Guys,

I'm really busy at work, and today is the first day that I can actually head out and have a look at some GTRs...

As a first time GTR buyer, can someone (1) please advise on the obvious things that I should be looking for when purchasing this car? (2)What questions should I be asking about the history of the car?

Also, (3)how does registration work on a vehicle, is that simply transferred to the new owner if there's any time left on the registration? And (4)say it has a RWC, what do I do whenver I make some modification, such as uprated turbos, new FMIC, etc? So long as it's road legal, is it all good?

(5) Also in terms of financing the vehicle, what is the best option? Broad question I guess, but say I have a $20,000 loan from Westpac, as the car is imported privately, they cannot secure it against the loan - this sort of sucks. Does anyone know what institutions do?

Based on no security, for a 5-year repayment, including ALL sundry fees, the total repaid would be $27,950.00 - does this sound right? Does anyone know off-hand someone who could beat this?

(6) Insurance. On a 1993 R32 GT-R, driving 4 years, no demerits, no license suspension, no accident history and unfortunately no insurance history (in Australia) I have been quoted $1,695.00 per annum from JustCar Insurance for comprehensive, fire & theft. A quote from RACV was in the region of $3,300.00 for the same. Is this all good? I assume so, it seems like a good deal.

Very excited about owning one of these machines, and in time you will be seeing me on the track on track days! :)

Anyway, I really appreciate your help answering a fellow (soon-to-be) Skyline GTR owner.

Hey mate, if ur interest

on buying a 32gtr 94model its the very latest.. if you havnt brought one. Let me kno on 0431762826 cheers!