SAU Community

Group A Thread

N1GTR

I finally got to a scanner. Here is the article of Paul Gover driving a Gibson Motorsport R31 Skyline from CAR Australia, August 1989 that I promised waaaaay back.

post-9671-1203749240_thumb.jpg

post-9671-1203749507_thumb.jpg

post-9671-1203749698_thumb.jpg

This is gold....even better because it's got our car in it!!!!

Edited by Jetwreck

Don't know where to post this so doing it here.

For those Victorians out there or those who like to travel. The Group A's will be racing at Phillip Island March the 8th and 9th. At the moment 1 R31, 1 R32, 1 Sierra, 1 BMW(maybe 2) a couple of VL's and the Group C's. 24 or 25 car's in total.

cheers

• 2 weeks later...
Glad you enjoyed it. If I find any others I'll post them up.

I have the entire 91 Bathurst on DVD, transfered from the VHS I used to tape it at the time! if anyone wants a copy, pm me.

For those Victorians out there or those who like to travel. The Group A's will be racing at Phillip Island March the 8th and 9th. At the moment 1 R31, 1 R32, 1 Sierra, 1 BMW(maybe 2) a couple of VL's and the Group C's. 24 or 25 car's in total.

cheers

Shit!

If i knew that i wouldve gone for the weekend!

cheers

I have just come back from the PI historics. The Group A/C field was huge. The R31 and the Peter Jackson / Ex Seton Sierra were going hard, with the sierra ultimately winning out on sheer speed. The R32 GT-R GIO car was on track, great credit to the guy for putting what is probably a very collectable car at risk in a race environment. Was really just cruising around but good to see it running.

A massive event well worth the trip down to the island.

Regards

Andrew

just noticed in the first vid that Neil Crompton only managed a 14.2 in the R32 GTR...ummm, can somebody please Email that Bozo and tell him how to drive....? This is a guy who used to race in Group A...and thats the best time he could manage....Pathetic...What did he come off the clutch with 900rpm or something ?

I have just come back from the PI historics. The Group A/C field was huge. The R31 and the Peter Jackson / Ex Seton Sierra were going hard, with the sierra ultimately winning out on sheer speed. The R32 GT-R GIO car was on track, great credit to the guy for putting what is probably a very collectable car at risk in a race environment. Was really just cruising around but good to see it running.

A massive event well worth the trip down to the island.

Regards

Andrew

Did you see the Jag jump the start in Race 2?

Did you see the Jag jump the start in Race 2?

Yeah, that was crazy. The start/finish flag marshall looked to have baulked on the flag drop and off a couple went. Was line ball but you are on a hair trigger for a mass start like that and anything is likely to set you off.

Could see all the officials in the timing towing reinacting the flag drop to justify their actions.

Not sure it any penalties were handed out.

Yeah, that was crazy. The start/finish flag marshall looked to have baulked on the flag drop and off a couple went. Was line ball but you are on a hair trigger for a mass start like that and anything is likely to set you off.

Could see all the officials in the timing towing reinacting the flag drop to justify their actions.

Not sure it any penalties were handed out.

No Penalties....lol.

There were some stern word's with the officials though....everyone was pretty pissed off that it was not a restart or people black flagged though. Pity the Sierra got the jump on us in that race....we might have been able to get him to grenade the motor(overheated due to running on high boost I think) in race 2 instead of race 3....would have given us the most points for the weekend then. Tell you what the BMW boy's had some bad luck all weekend.