SAU Community

Group A Thread

N1GTR

Thought I would add this to try and dig up some info

The picture below is the brains for the 4WD system on the GIO GTR.

Its has removable chips for different 4WD bias. Now we just have to figure what the hell it all means. If anyone has any info it would be great to chat to you. The car came with two of these box's and three different numbered chips.....one of the box's was marked wet setup but it appears to have the same chip in it as the dry box. Which makes be think, being that it understeers quite badly at the moment as soon as you start clicking up to different setting that both box's have wet chips in it. Info would be great....would save us time and money on test days.

cheers

Craig

post-37023-1274220474_thumb.jpg

The way I understand it in that 1st clip where skaife explains it 'wet chip is used for the rain for constant 4wd' so it must bypass the g sensor, similar to the torque converter switch I have in my gtr 'extreme tsc' brand

• 2 months later...

More crack smoking Roy? :thumbsup: lol

My bucket of bolts 32 on road tyres is quicker around Lakeside the Seto in a Group A 80's era Mustang on slicks. In fact I think it's quicker than any of the Group A's that have visited the track in recent years?

Seto in the M3 was damn quick at PI last year. Showed how quick the old buses go if steered hard.

But i agree, that there are plenty of road-track cars that are near as quick/quicker then these things. But thats not the point, I have seen what goes into the build/resto of these things and you can understand why they are not drive a 10/10ths. There is still a level of bespoked engineering and hard to find parts in these cars so who would want to break them....lol I am about dumb enough to get caught up in the moment and push . But ey that lack of self control translates to why in this lifetime I will never have the money to buy and punt one of these cars :thumbsup:

And Marlin, you may be perhaps quicker...but your thing will never scream like the 31s :)

oh...edit...looking at Natsoft i cant see the times form last Spetember. I cant see anything about their last visit to Lakeside regarding times or a Mustang being entered...or Was Seton there just testing a car at a non race day?

I would love to build a replica of the Dick Johnson Mustang, Could flog the ass off it and not care, the fox body mustangs are worth sweet FA in the states anyhow.

I would love to build a replica of the Dick Johnson Mustang, Could flog the ass off it and not care, the fox body mustangs are worth sweet FA in the states anyhow.

probably the equivalent of buying a vn commodore here lol

if its registered & has new tyres, its worth more haha