SAU Community

Group A Thread

N1GTR

Caltex Sierra for sale: comes with multiple holes in block... for the extra cooling. :P

Rules should state that all cossie motors should have mandatory scatter shields around the block. ;)

Might just mention. For the first time in 20 odd years we have moved away from the Nissan's. We have sold the GIO gtr to Terry Lawlor.

But in a deal we have also settled and I will now be campaigning the 1992 Caltex Sierra. Should be an interesting experiance as I have have driven most of the GMS cars but never a Sierra.

Might have to tighten my nuts a little more coming out of the corners!!!

anyway.....just an update!

P.S. Do you approve of the move Roy! :P

FARK YEH! The rebuild has really seemed to have helped the Lawlor Sierra. Seems to have pace to burn and then just cruise relative to the others! I wish I had the cash to grab it before Lawlor as I understand it was reasonably priced. (all things considered) its also a late model Sierra so 6 spd, less weight, bigger tyres :) :) Giggity, giggity.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, it was a big field for the VHRR historics at Phillip Island. I think 42 cars started in the grp A and C category!

Jetwreck drove the RS500 really well, and we had a lot of learning to do about the car, seeing I saw it first time Thursday! We quali into 4th, where Craig got a lesson in rolling starts from Jim Richards, who was next to him, in the HR31 :P

The RS500 finished all the races in fours place. A great effort considering the lack of time driver and crew have had with the car :)

The GIO GTR had a brilliant weekend with Terry Lawlor behind the wheel, quali first, and while he was made to work for it, made a clean sweep of the races.

It's not the horror story that everyone goes on about. But once it starts to wheelspin it won't stop.....steps out quick. Might notice I'm a little easy on the go fast peddle....my call me a bit of a pussy at the moment.

31 for the sound....cossie for the speed and turn in. We are lucky with the one we have. Last one made so it has all the good bits. I'll find another 2-3 seconds hopefully. The front was pitching on me a little to much so it'll get faster

• 5 months later...

Might just mention. For the first time in 20 odd years we have moved away from the Nissan's. We have sold the GIO gtr to Terry Lawlor.

But in a deal we have also settled and I will now be campaigning the 1992 Caltex Sierra. Should be an interesting experiance as I have have driven most of the GMS cars but never a Sierra.

Might have to tighten my nuts a little more coming out of the corners!!!

anyway.....just an update!

P.S. Do you approve of the move Roy! :P

I'm back to this thread after a long time but never mind Roy, but as a long time RS500 fan, I approve ;-)

cant wait to see this thing in the flesh.

Had good results too, at Muscle car Masters last weekend. A series of 3rds, a 2nd, passing Jim Richards in a wet session, and a fourth. The GTR was dominant in testing conditions, as to be expected.

The car performed fantastically, and Craig did his bit too ;)

http://www.heritagetouringcars.com.au/heritage-touring-cars-light-up-muscle-car-masters/

http://www.heritagetouringcars.com.au/heritage-touring-cars-muscle-car-masters-photos/

• Like 1

Had good results too, at Muscle car Masters last weekend. A series of 3rds, a 2nd, passing Jim Richards in a wet session, and a fourth. The GTR was dominant in testing conditions, as to be expected.

The car performed fantastically, and Craig did his bit too ;)

http://www.heritagetouringcars.com.au/heritage-touring-cars-light-up-muscle-car-masters/

http://www.heritagetouringcars.com.au/heritage-touring-cars-muscle-car-masters-photos/

good to read that the car has great pace adn that Craig is obviously a good steerer.

i'd love to be able to see this thing in person.

At last years Muscle Car Masters over Fathers Day weekend it was Lawlor hammering in the Caltex Sierra . He had the wick turned up for a few laps to charge back through the field after retiring from the earlier race. Was good to see a Sierra with the wick turned up. Most pot around in fear of lunching them (which is fair enough)

At last years Muscle Car Masters over Fathers Day weekend it was Lawlor hammering in the Caltex Sierra . He had the wick turned up for a few laps to charge back through the field after retiring from the earlier race. Was good to see a Sierra with the wick turned up. Most pot around in fear of lunching them (which is fair enough)

The caltex car is running very conservative boost levels and a safe tune. First event with a new motor.

Considering how the teams back in the day would bring 3 or 4 motors to a weekend, it's not surprising owners don't want to run the ragged edge today!

Btw, there is a GrpA RS500 for sale atm, Damon Hills car. $139k

U buy naow?

Too much cylinder pressure for the motorsport blocks to handle, but they crank out some decent power until the block lets go. I don't blame the current Sierra owners for running less timing and boost either, they used to run 6-700hp back in the day at stupid boost.

They make the engines quick release for that reason. :P