SAU Community

R34 Dash Can It Be Wound Back?

In the market for an r34 GTR trying to buy one with an original dash but my question is can the odometer be wound back even though they are digital?. And if so is there anyway of telling other then looking at the condition of the car?.

Edited by 7heavn

My best mates are Auto electricians.Any dash can be wound back.The old type apparently the number rollers are spread a little and spun back.The Electronic type need to be hooked up to a laptop with the appropriate software...What area are you in ?

Yeh I know the old type of odometer can be wound back easily . And like you said digital displays can be wound back also just wondering if it's a common thing with winding back digital odometers on imports?. I'm at Berala it's near Lidcombe and Auburn .

either wound back or a lower km dash plugged in and BAM, car is back to 20thousand k

exactly, even the digital dash stores its data in the dash itself, so if they get a low km dash and plug it in its instant low kms.

Nissan can adjust the kms with their software, so anyone that can crack that can get into the km side of things.