Fifth Gear Reviews The R35 On 25th Feb

maclarenf1

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

its not there yet :ermm:

Yeh i got excited...

Also i reckon between Top Gear and Fifth Gear i reckon Fifth Gear is the more objective, enthusiast-targeting of the two shows.

But i prefer TG, and it's still a solid motoring show...just sometimes all the excitment blurrs the seriousness of the content.

Perhaps because FG is much more dull i take it to be more 'realistic'.

Meh.

its not there yet :ermm:

That's because it's only just after midday there.

Don't get your hopes up for a 15 minute review with track times etc. Apparently it's only a short review and jason plato was impressed, he loved the DSG but was a bit nit picky, mentions a bit of understeer.

Going to have to wait for a while longer until Nissan provides 5th gear and Top Gear with a GT-R to really flog (the one driven by plato is a customers imported GT-R which is the first one in the UK)

I liked the review. Looking forward to Clarkson's take on it ("that gearbox is an absolute shi**er") but for what it's worth that review wasn't pretentious. Could've given a little more background and made the review a minute longer.

Thanks for the links.

They could of put it up against something else at the track, or timed it at showed it against other cars times in its range, or even raced it against that R33 GTR they had at the start - what was the freaking point of showing that R33 GTR at the start?!?

They could of put it up against something else at the track, or timed it at showed it against other cars times in its range, or even raced it against that R33 GTR they had at the start - what was the freaking point of showing that R33 GTR at the start?!?

The R33 GTR was a giveaway in that weeks show. You know how they give away a car every week.

Anyways a better quality version is on my blog now, Youtube was pretty lousy for quality:

http://www.gtrblog.com/index.php?blog=4&am...p;tb=1&pb=1

the f*cking play station generation again. That was THE MOST unimaginative, unoriginal, boring review ever.

JC basically reviewd the R34 GTR in exactly the same was with it's MFD, and tried to get laughs that way, which was kinda funny the first time. Then the prev TG presenter, the fat guy, used the EXACT same playstation, g-metre type commentary and then proceeded to say that GTR's constantly crack brake discs??? :D

Now this knob jockey comes along, obviously having seen previous reviews of the R34 GTR and spills out that exact same crap! "Playstation generation" "let's see how many g's i can pull.." *acts surprised at the readout and sarcastically makes note of how impressive that is to other people* - That review was nothing but plagiarism.

I have yet to see ANYONE else write anything about understeer, and if anyone was going to notice it, it was the Autocar guy. He really did give it a flogging, and knew what he was talking about.

But not much of a surprise really, the presenter does own a 997 Turbo :P Face it mate, your however many thousand pound 997 Turbo is a slow car compared to the R35 GTR!

the f*cking play station generation again. That was THE MOST unimaginative, unoriginal, boring review ever.

JC basically reviewd the R34 GTR in exactly the same was with it's MFD, and tried to get laughs that way, which was kinda funny the first time. Then the prev TG presenter, the fat guy, used the EXACT same playstation, g-metre type commentary and then proceeded to say that GTR's constantly crack brake discs??? :P

Now this knob jockey comes along, obviously having seen previous reviews of the R34 GTR and spills out that exact same crap! "Playstation generation" "let's see how many g's i can pull.." *acts surprised at the readout and sarcastically makes note of how impressive that is to other people* - That review was nothing but plagiarism.

I have yet to see ANYONE else write anything about understeer, and if anyone was going to notice it, it was the Autocar guy. He really did give it a flogging, and knew what he was talking about.

But not much of a surprise really, the presenter does own a 997 Turbo :P Face it mate, your however many thousand pound 997 Turbo is a slow car compared to the R35 GTR!

Now that you mention it... it does seem like a facsimile of the Clarkson 34 review...