SAU Community

does any one have torque specs on this os clutch

i found some specs on the os site but cant read jap n the translator is not helping

in the pic below i have painted the 10 mm nut n 5mm allen key that i need the torque specs for

any help would be fantastic

post-32345-1202697989_thumb.jpg

10mm high tensile bolts, 25ft-lb, 28ft-lb max. Use some medium strength loctite on the thread and you'll be fine. The outer bolts dont carry the power your engine is making, they only need to handle the pressure of the pressure plate itself.

10mm high tensile bolts, 25ft-lb, 28ft-lb max. Use some medium strength loctite on the thread and you'll be fine. The outer bolts dont carry the power your engine is making, they only need to handle the pressure of the pressure plate itself.

thanks for the reply v spec r33

the only measurements i can find on the os site r 1.8 kgm =13.2 ft-lb

and 14.5 to 15.5 kgm =108.5 ft-lb but that must be for the fly wheel bolts

it says 3.0 kg m but thats for the super single ( its the only part that would translate for me )

cant really work out what measurement is for what

if i tighten the 10 mm some spin at about 12 ft-lb n some will tighten up to 27 ft-lb

heres the site i ve been trying to work out

http://www.osgiken.co.jp/pro_clutch/pdf/clutch_manual.pdf

its a pdf n the only measurements i can find r on page 5

thanks again for your help

I didnt have any luck with the PDF... it just sat there saying buffering for 10 minutes and displayed some crap in japanese...

I should be more clear with what ive said, so... asuming your talking about bolt thread diameter and not the size socket used for tightening it up... general standards for torque on bolts are:

6mm - 6-ft-lb if using normal grade 8.8 high tensile bolts.

8mm - 14ft-lb if using normal grade 8.8 high tensile bolts. If using ARP/Raceware fasteners or grade 12 bolts you could go to 18ft-lb.

10mm - 25ft-lb if normal grade 8.8 high tensile bolts. ARP/Raceware will handle 28ft-lb.

Its safer to be under the torque spec than over it. Bolts are designed to stretch as things expand when they get hot. If you have tightened it too much and the bolt doesnt have any stretch left it will break. In the case of the flywheel bolts, the stresses they are under are mainly thermal expansion of the pressure plate hat.

Your flywheel bolts sound right at the 108ft-lb. Though to be sure you can check that spec in any skyline or holden vl RB30 service manual as it will be the same regardless of the clutch your using.

• 3 years later...