SAU Community

34 Stereo And Gear Surround

Damo_R34

Ok guys i have started. Im doing the ash tray cover first so i know im doing it right. Soaked it in metho for 10 minutes, then scrubbed off with a green kitchen soft scourer. Plastic primer second coat is currenty drying.

Good luck mate!

cheers! it coming along very very well, did 4 coats of paint and now the clear is drying. looks awesome, cant wait to have it all done!

2 quick questions, how do you take out the cigarette lighter socket? And whats the ebst way to remove the gear boot, do i just rip off those round silver clips?

Edited by Damo_R34

I just leavered the clips off with a screw driver, then flattened them out and put them back on again afterwards.

And fiddle around with the cigarette lighter. You should find the right spot and it'll pop out. Thats wot i did, then i lost the bit so its just sitting there :)

I just leavered the clips off with a screw driver, then flattened them out and put them back on again afterwards.

And fiddle around with the cigarette lighter. You should find the right spot and it'll pop out. Thats wot i did, then i lost the bit so its just sitting there :)

Well id like to keep mine working haha.

wow really shows how ratty the original paint is,

I never actually took the gear stick boot off lol, I turned it inside out, lined the edges with newspaper making sure everything was covered and sprayed over the top,

couldn't be F@rked taking out all the silver clips :P

• 2 years later...
wow really shows how ratty the original paint is,

I never actually took the gear stick boot off lol, I turned it inside out, lined the edges with newspaper making sure everything was covered and sprayed over the top,

couldn't be F@rked taking out all the silver clips :banana:

Hi Again guys,I know this thread is old now but I'm nearly ready to get my dash surround repainted but want it done by a professional,probably an airbrush person,I have a 95 R33GTR with a chocolate looking interior but need to know what the colour is actually called and live in Ballarat,so if anyone knows of a good airbrush painter here or in Melbourne that could be trusted with the job please let me know.cheers Grey Pearl.

• 2 months later...

[/quote ]Hi Again guys,I know this thread is old now but I'm nearly ready to get my dash surround repainted but want it done by a professional,probably an airbrush person,I have a 95 R33GTR with a chocolate looking interior but need to know what the colour is actually called and live in Ballarat,so if anyone knows of a good airbrush painter here or in Melbourne that could be trusted with the job please let me know.cheers Grey Pearl.

grey pearl

Edited by Robert Knight

• 1 year later...
1209874467[/url]' post='3841375']

I just did mine today!

Many thanks to 666DAN's thread for giving me the inspiration.

I used the powerplus desert rose like Dan did, and also their silver for the gear and stereo surround to give it that brushed aluminium look that's like in my Z :cheers: .

post-29425-1209874289_thumb.jpgpost-29425-1209874407_thumb.jpg

R32___Australian_Specification.pdf

When painting the ash tray, can you take the lid off you just cover the rest of it and paint?