SAU Community

[SA Cars Spotted Thread #3]

N/A®

within 5 mins in the city, spotted the yellow lamborghini driving, spotted and talked to a r34 blue GTR and a nice s15 with after market tail lights hehe... and me driving my dads work car...vs commy hehe :P

wheres auto perfection??

also spotted sum young punk trying to steal my gtr spoiler!!

be careful anyone thats got genuine gtr gear ppl are after it at the moment.

Haha...yeah i need to be careful then, you will never get my spuiralls or i will steal your gtr spoiler so then i can have double gtr spoilers hehe yay :P

last few days, i keep seeing the same orange r33 with chick driving... bright orange with white rims (possibly sparco mesh-type rims), big angled exhaust. followed her for a fair bit this arvo after work along stephen's tce onto payneham.

yea i see it every now and then on portrush rd i think it is (maybe be payneham rd), went past her the other day when she was pulling out a side street. and the plates are SKYLINE if its the same one your talking about

Spotted my first GTR in awhile just after 5pm on Tapley's Hill Rd.

(Gold BBS style rims)

Seeing people driving with their boot lock cover up annoys me to no end lol

Edited by R33PER

today at around 5ish spotted a clean white r33 series II with gold rims on kings rd heading onto main north. i think it was cleanGTS-T. eitherway definitely a sweet looking car.

Yep, was me. I had just got it running again. It died at the end of the street I work on this morning.

I accelerated up the road and felt a rough jolt, bit of a pop and immediately after it wasn't running very nice at all. I nursed it to work and it was just dying off with black smoke comming out of the exhaust :P (looked like un-burnt fuel)

After a quick phone call for help. I was told I had probably just popped off one of my Inter cooler hoses.

I had a look and sure enough thats what had happened. Clamped it back on, good as gold.

Scariest thing I've had happen so far.

seen two black lines on my way home 2nite

no not burnouts lol

a 33 and a 32.

32 had a nice kit maybe bomex or sumthin similar and chromies and the 33 was stock

Spotted a Yellow Lamborgini Murchialago (spelling?) on Hackney Rd tonight - VERY nice! was driving along side it for about 10 minutes, made me happy in the pants :/

Spotted a Black R34 GTR on Pultney St about 5:30, got an odd look when I was sussing his car from my 33 (heading opposite directions)

Also spotted a grey 32 GTSt in the back streets of Melrose park, gave a wave, got a nod :D

Saw adz on wright road bout 6ish this arvo, nice to get a wave from another skyline driver for once :/

Saw a gunmetal 33 just before adz, just got a blank stare :D

on my run last nite down near flinders............was runnin on the western side of south road near the expressway

first spot: Carl (bezender)..................get my phone out to do the ol SPOTTED text message, then i see Lee sneaking into a gap as well.........well, assuming Lee as it was a white 33 with kit, and one of the big SAU stickers top centre of the rear window

*waves*

Saw adz on wright road bout 6ish this arvo, nice to get a wave from another skyline driver for once :down:

Saw a gunmetal 33 just before adz, just got a blank stare :(

Hey yer saw you coming, hard to miss a bright orange car :D but yer i think i saw the same gunmetal line, gave thumbs up, no response from them at all!!! grrr

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Latest Posts

• Little more work!  Did some body work on the rear wheel arches and since the paint was a cheap spray job before figured I’d do something to tide me over until I wrap the car.    Colour might not be everyone’s choice but I like it and it’s only temporary, just hate having primer from the wheel arches standing out.    Keeping an eye out for a decent set of wheels to throw on now. Wheels and tires on the car are junk
    • Its likely to be 70% road 30% track usage, track usage will increase if anything. Decided not to fit it as I cant be arsed changing the bushes on my LCAs again 🤣 I did get the below back from GKTech though so they should work together     The anti-squat kit and roll center adjusters work independently since they change the rear lower control arm's angle in different ways. The anti-squat kit adjusts the angle from front to back, which impacts anti-squat values. Roll center adjusters change the angle side to side, mainly to correct geometry on cars that are significantly lowered. They might affect each other a tiny bit, but overall, you can think of them as separate.
    • What are you doing with the car? street car or race car? People get hung up on the squat of the s/r chassis rears. There is positives to the squat if a car is setup and driven correctly for it (correct ride height, spring rate, alignment, damper valving). Generally just lengthen the rear traction arm by 5-10mm and that will help the squat and bump steer too. You are also correct with the roll centre too. This too also needs to be adjustable if you start messing with suspension geometry.   Having done quiet a bit of testing on race cars this year in regards to rear squat, I've seen some big positives from it in regards to drive off corners and traction. 
    • I find I am using the MX5 for everything except long overnight cruises with Jackie, or, if picking up the kids to go somewhere, the SS has so much more room inside, and is much more comfortable if your going to be doing Hwy driving for 6-8 hours And the MX5 isn't bad in stop go traffic for a manual transmission car, whilst the clutch kit has been upgraded from stock, it is still light, and also not having a stupidly light flywheel in it helps as well, I've spent alot of time sitting on the M5, M4 and M7 stuck in traffic when plodding around the Greater Sydney Region in it Another benefit is MX5's are not really a car that gets stolen, you can pretty much park it anywhere, and it will still be there when you return
    • I can totally get why you like it for that sort of commute. I was thinking BoganDore because it's such a lazy drive, for things like stop start traffic.   I used to do over an hour in stop start shit from one side of Bris to the next, twice a day. My choice of car was larger displacement, with an auto. Basically for torque in low rpm/very low speed, and no clutch pedal. But loved a fun manual for the weekends, which the partner has (plus had the LandCruiser too for other fun drives). I now have an EV as a work car, and I tell ya what, ultimate daily driver, especially if youre out of energy, like I often am after work. I don't even need to touch the brake pedal   That said, I'm presently rebuilding the Liberty GTB to get it setup for weekend drives and track abuse! So small high revving turbo engine with 6 speed cog swapper!   But for your style of commute, I'd probably take the MX5 too!   For those choices, I'm ignoring fuel economy. Because I know how atrocious V8 daily life is for fuel from when I used to daily a manual SS, ha ha. Hence why I know I love the daily rumble of a V8