SAU Community

[SA Cars Spotted Thread #3]

N/A®

just need to make it stand out somehow with awesome rims or a custom number plate :ermm:

4 doors are the ultimate sleepers, I bet the simple fact they have 4 doors means they get pulled over half as much by sapol

-D

I've been avoiding the custom plates because they make the car too easy to remember - If I do get something it'll probably be something simple - JRMS-34 maybe. As for rims - I can't decide on any that I think are subtle enough to make me happy - not a big fan of bling mods (though the carbon vinyls I've been applying lately might contradict that...). I've been thinking maybe R34 GTR rims might be the way to go - bigger, wider but still suit the lines of the car without going over the top.

As for not being pulled over as much - I dunno, they see the Skyline badge and/or the stovetop tail lights and pull me over anyway. I've had one cop go 'wow, I didn't realise this was a four door - nice' after he'd finished doing a 'license check' *eye roll*

I've been avoiding the custom plates because they make the car too easy to remember - If I do get something it'll probably be something simple - JRMS-34 maybe. As for rims - I can't decide on any that I think are subtle enough to make me happy - not a big fan of bling mods (though the carbon vinyls I've been applying lately might contradict that...). I've been thinking maybe R34 GTR rims might be the way to go - bigger, wider but still suit the lines of the car without going over the top.

As for not being pulled over as much - I dunno, they see the Skyline badge and/or the stovetop tail lights and pull me over anyway. I've had one cop go 'wow, I didn't realise this was a four door - nice' after he'd finished doing a 'license check' *eye roll*

Heh, well in the nearly 3 years of owning the car (and using it as my daily) I've only ever been pulled over twice, and I've had the custom plates for 2.5 years. My philosophy is the cops see the custom plates, it makes it easier for them to read and punch the info into their portable rego/licence/crim tracking system and then they see I've had bugger all infractions (aside from 55kph speeding ticket or two in a 50 zone) and then leave well alone... I reckon they'd be more likely to pull you over if your number plate was hard to read...

Both times I was pulled over the cops were total champs, first one let me off even tho my licence was expired by 3 days (He said git'r'done within the week or there will be a fine, so I did it the very next working day) and the other one pulled me over just outside Prince Alfred College. Both times it was just a rego and bretho check, which I have no issue with whatsoever.

Or maybe they just go easy on me cause I got stock rims and the car is white? Who knows

-D

Maybe my car looks too stock, but police often don't look at me twice and I'm not scared to take my car anywhere.

lol! i spotted you again this morning dude.

seen the rear end! :(

hehe, yeah :)

Spotted a silver 33 with the bonnet up at the top of Hallet Rd yesterday evening, tried getting your attention on my way past to see if you needed a hand but I guess you didn't notice someone shouting at you or what? Hope everything was alright.

Edited by nicr4wks

Spotted a fully sick blue r34 with shinny mags that blinded my eyes in the sun at 2 this arvo, he was on mainnorth road turnning left onto grandjunction road after running the red light then double clutched in 2nd then speed off, was that necessary?? coudnt get the Plates cos his car was swerving everywhere. your one lucky guy that ur car didnt swerve on the other side of the road hitting into ppl.

Spotted a fully sick blue r34 with shinny mags that blinded my eyes in the sun at 2 this arvo, he was on mainnorth road turnning left onto grandjunction road after running the red light then double clutched in 2nd then speed off, was that necessary?? coudnt get the Plates cos his car was swerving everywhere. your one lucky guy that ur car didnt swerve on the other side of the road hitting into ppl.
just spotted our favourite Hotwheels Clown 68UOM1 on the port river expressway heading...wait for it... north. :)

no two guesses who that might have been...

I've seen him drop it back and speed up to run a amber/red light too!!

Spotted (I think SkyHi 33??) a tough maroon 33 on Jetty Rd at Brighton last night at around 7ish