SAU Community

[SA Cars Spotted Thread #3]

N/A®

At least you were there to witness it cause if you weren't she prolly would of driven off

Yeah I had a mate in the car plus a heap of other people around, so I had plenty of witnesses. That all went into the police report, too.

She's from Hayborough so I have no idea what she was doing at the Noarlunga macca's last night! Hmmm

Spotted my GTR getting reversed into last night.

f**king mole even laughed about the whole thing in my face.

But I'm the one laughing since she didn't report the crash and the cops fined her with driving without due care and reversing without due care!

But on the plus side, hello new front bar! I needed a new one, anyway.

Huh?! :cool:

How does that work Cronic?

Huh?! :cool:

How does that work Cronic?

Well, I went to the cop shop to report the crash, and the cop said "well I'm going to fine her for driving without due care and reversing without due care. Since she's not here, I'll have the fine mailed out to her."

Then he said she'll also get charged since she didn't bother reporting the crash. I reported it an hour after (so, 9pm) and he said if she didn't report it by 9am today, she'd get charged since it's a criminal offence to not report a crash even if the other person has already reported it.

I've never heard of "reversing without due care" but apparently it exists? And he said he'd give her another fine for something else, but couldn't because she wasn't present.

Basically I was behind her, she stopped and started reversing full-speed into my car (she didn't even look behind her). Then she laughed and drove off after embedding her towbar in my front bar! Then when I parked my car and got out, she said she had hit a gutter! I'm like "come take a f**king look at my car then" and she laughed again and said "oh well, these things happen".

Eh... they're not meant to.

yeah buddy....& now a dent in the right rear corner as well thanks to the missus, lol

I nearly got side swiped in the 90Km/h zone on the PRE by one that looks exactly the same as yours but had the new S plates. I didn't think it would've you in that part of rAdelaide anyways :cool:

Cronic, I think the cop needs to review his rule book to be honest.

It's not an offence to reverse into someone, that's why it's called an accident and secondly, if nobody was hurt and both cars were driven from the scene with no other public or private property damage, then she doesn't have to report a minor bingle to the police.

The cop was possibly just trying to appease you.

EDIT: Different story if she tried to do a runner

It's not an offence to reverse into someone, that's why it's called an accident and secondly, if nobody was hurt and both cars were driven from the scene with no other public or private property damage, then she doesn't have to report a minor bingle to the police.

So really, if both cars can be driven away fine, then the accident doesn't need to be reported? I was told that any accident was required to be reported (even if it's minor)? But where do you draw the line to class something as minor (just a small bump)?

As I'm claiming it on insurance, I needed a police report.

And yeah, the cop was a rookie... no stripes on his shoulder badge things.

Taken from the Sapol web site:

What crashes need to be reported?

A crash is required to be reported to a police officer by a driver involved in a crash if real or personal property (other than an animal) is destroyed or damaged,

except where:

(a) the only property destroyed or damaged is property owned by the driver; or

(b) a fair estimate of the cost of making good the damage to property is not more than $1,000.

Well it's extensive damage to the front right guard and front bar of my car... basically the whole front bar needs to be replaced and the guard is dented in on one of the creases, so they can't simply 'pop' that out. And the front bar has a huge gauge ripped out of it, dented in heavily and scratched to no end.

That's worth more than $1000.

Dan was her damage fairly minor?

The minor bingle law ($1000) is an estimate and it's relatively flexible, ie. you can't expect a novice female to know how much it costs to repair a vehicle but what Chad pointed out is correct.

Insurance company policies may vary and have different demands between one another in relation to police reports though, so everyone should review that part of their policies.

Budget Direct allow 7 years of a documented collision before you can no longer make a claim against another person......but that's an insurance report, not a police report.

.........and SteveP, when I don't see itallics or a tongue in cheek emoticon, I kinda figure you're 1/2 serious......especially given your history on here re contribution (or the lack thereof).

Had to re-check to make sure this was the spotted thread... :(

This morning about 10:30am a silver 32 GTR flying up behind me on south road before torrens road, then again on marion road flying up the closed lane at the roadworks, 'let me in bro' so i let him in.... then he booted it off, really necessary??