SAU Community

[SA Cars Spotted Thread #3]

N/A®

Spotted a 40-something year old toss-pot in a Porsche getting spanked by my MV Agusta Brutale ... twice!

:banana:

I don't normally give in to hoons wanting a race ... but it was an opportunity to put "Mr Compensating" and his Porsche in line. And he wasn't very happy about it :(

:banana:

I pwnt some yuppie in a porsche boxter on anzacs one night, he was loving it LOL

i owned some sick kent in a commodore once at the bottom of windy point

was revving his 'FULLYSICK5LKILLAMATE' VN up , and the green arrow lit up , and he ran the red hahaha

fag

Spotted a 40-something year old toss-pot in a Porsche getting spanked by my MV Agusta Brutale ... twice!

:P

Car versus Bike. Hrrm.

I guess he's a really intelligent person...

-D

:P

I don't normally give in to hoons wanting a race ... but it was an opportunity to put "Mr Compensating" and his Porsche in line. And he wasn't very happy about it :P

:D

This coming from someone that usually has a go at people on here for 'hooning'..... Oh but you had a good reason to 'hoon' i guess... Think twice before having a go at someone else for commenting something like this, or on how tragic it is when someone is killed by a 'hoon', today it could have been you that killed someone..

This coming from someone that usually has a go at people on here for 'hooning'..... Oh but you had a good reason to 'hoon' i guess... Think twice before having a go at someone else for commenting something like this, or on how tragic it is when someone is killed by a 'hoon', today it could have been you that killed someone..

if he stopped at 60, no laws would have been broken. Rapid acceleration is not a crime.

-D

Pretty sure rapid acceleration is a crime man - A cop would call that hoon driving, excessive engine noise. I'll launch my GT-R to 60 and see if I don't get pinged, with no wheel spin and I'll still get pwnt.

Pretty sure rapid acceleration is a crime man - A cop would call that hoon driving, excessive engine noise. I'll launch my GT-R to 60 and see if I don't get pinged, with no wheel spin and I'll still get pwnt.

Unless they can point out the legislation which defines the maximum acceptable rate of acceleration, it'd never hold up in court. I also don't believe there's a law on 'engine noise' either.

If you spin your wheels, you get done for driving with undue care... my point is tho, unless there is a written law, sure they can give you a fine or whatever, but it'd get thrown out in court if theres no legislation against it...

Also this is apples vs oranges - a bike by nature takes off a hell of a lot faster than a car, even when its not being driven hard. Little thing called 'power to weight ratio'

-D

EDIT - Kye did you challenge it in court or did you simply pay a fine?

I've been fined for undue engine noise man - its 'hoon driving' straight up. Thats why this whole hoon driving bullshit gives me the sh!ts because its too much of a grey area and if you do get a bad cop he can pin anything on you under 'hoon' driving laws.

I've been fined for undue engine noise man - its 'hoon driving' straight up. Thats why this whole hoon driving bullshit gives me the sh!ts because its too much of a grey area and if you do get a bad cop he can pin anything on you under 'hoon' driving laws.

Yeah I agree... thats why I'd be challenging it - too much ambiguity in the legislation. If our pollies had even half a brain per person they would have seen how fundamentally flawed it is.

My argument in court would be 'what constitutes "undue engine noise" as per a specific volume?' and then I would ask 'If exceeding (x) dB constitutes undue engine noise, can the officer in question supply credible measured proof as to the noise of the engine he believes to be 'excessive'.

Theres a reason why they have noise analysers in police cars - for exhausts, loud parties as well as anything else that would breach the EPA act - if they don't use it, then they're not providing the defendant with all possible avenues to defend their innocence. That alone is generally a caveat that gets cases thrown out of court.

-D

for you guys all the judge needs to see is 'skyline' written somewhere and it wouldnt matter what you say...

As for Ruby, he knows better, and yet, comes and tells all...

....and there goes the spotted thread.

spotted a bronze 180sx with a 32 front today.... interesting. around 3pm, out the front of work.

There will be some excuse to say that it was ok though.