SAU Community

Are These Side Intrusion Bars?

I recently bought an uncomplied 89 model Nissan Cima from a dealer that went broke. I want to get an engineers cert but im unsure if it has factory side impact bars or not. This is my firat import so im unsure of the process.These are some pictures of it, if you could identify it for me it would be great.

Also the white bar looking things are attached to the door panel.

Thanks Guys

IMG_0723.jpg

IMG_0713.jpg

IMG_0715.jpg

Edited by MrCima

Thanks for the help guys.

however im now experiencing the pain of needing four intrusion bars. Can anyone tell me if its possible to take the car to a normal welder to have them put in and where exactly they need to be placed, in front or behind glass? how thick they need to be and if it has to be welded or riveted.

Cheers

Thanks for the help guys.

however im now experiencing the pain of needing four intrusion bars. Can anyone tell me if its possible to take the car to a normal welder to have them put in and where exactly they need to be placed, in front or behind glass? how thick they need to be and if it has to be welded or riveted.

Cheers

Im guessing you're in Sydney?

You'll need to find an engineer down there and get specifics.

NSW RTA will be able to provide a list of suitable engineers for the task.

As a guideline, in QLD.

Side intrusion bars must be of an approved design submitted to Qld Transport before someone is able to fit them to vehicles. They must meet certain criteria therefore you can't just bang them together in your garage from whatever you have lying around. Usually engineers up here have them certified and then they can fit them to any vehicle as required. If you wanted to design and submit your own that'd be fine but generally for one vehicle it wouldnt be worth the hassle.