SAU Community

Purchase Car

gab

i went there

the guy wouldnt even leave his seat

so same story , took my cash else where

all this crap about serious buyers, mate what do you expect, im there, with money and i want the car

^ as said above, not many mid thirties are going to be after a 33

i wouldnt give them 2 bucks

and thats my 2 cents

• 3 weeks later...

I'm getting my R33 from Shane, picking it up on Saturday now.

He didn't seem that stand-offish when I was on the lot, but I called him in advance then hassled him when he got on-site so he didn't get the chance :down:

Got the car on the road for a few hundred bucks over the ticket price and he did all the running around for me (took it in for the checks, took it into VicRoads for rego, etc).

If you can engage the guy, he'll look after you, imo.

I'm getting my R33 from Shane, picking it up on Saturday now.

He didn't seem that stand-offish when I was on the lot, but I called him in advance then hassled him when he got on-site so he didn't get the chance :D

Got the car on the road for a few hundred bucks over the ticket price and he did all the running around for me (took it in for the checks, took it into VicRoads for rego, etc).

If you can engage the guy, he'll look after you, imo.

Serious buyer, calls and followups!

• 8 months later...

Hi there guys i just bought a car from shane at power road car sales, I Bought A R33 95 Gtst black with japanese Sparco ultra light weight mags on it. It is a very nice car for $11,500 on road, With 49000kms on the clock and i can tell its genuine because of the state of the car no wear and tear. And i would have to said im very happy with the car considering i looked all over the net and this was the first one i seen and used it as a benchmark. I would recommend calling in to Power Road Car Sales: Shane Rainbird (04) 18583573 Or Jeff on (04) 13394846 @ 9 Plunkett Road Dandenong. Tell Them Rob Howe from Albury - Wodonga gave you the details.

http://s136.photobucket.com/albums/q192/howie_au_2000/ - my photos

http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q192/ho...00/12577536.jpg

http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q192/ho...00/12577539.jpg

http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q192/ho...00/12577542.jpg

http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q192/ho...00/12577544.jpg

http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q192/ho...00/12577547.jpg

http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q192/ho...00/12577556.jpg

http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q192/ho...00/12577560.jpg

http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q192/ho...00/12577567.jpg

http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q192/ho...00/12577682.jpg

Hope this is handy guys do you like the car ???

http://powerroad.carpoint.ninemsn.com.au/p...topDefault.aspx

Cheers Rob

12577544.jpg

Edited by HoWiE_Au

• 1 year later...

Hey all... Old thread but just thought i'd put my 2bob in considering this was the forum i read that pushed me to want to buy my r34 from shane.

Would have to say that i would complain.. ;) Also found shane rude on the phone.. And also when i spoke to him in person. Everytime i went there. Thought maybe because i was a younge female... might not have takin me seriously. He didnt want to drop the price at all, spoke to me like i had no idea about anything! Walkin in there the day to buy, i got one of his workers. Geoff maybe? Which i clearly told i wanted a r34 black or grey sedan. Non turbo. And he spent half an hour trying to get me to have a look at a red coupe with a turbo.....? Wat the? Also when i went to the bank Geoff drove us in that same red coupe and was floggin the crap out of it every chance he got. And he was ment to be trying to sell that car? Strange.

My r34 we got to take for a 5min test drive. (but only round the block) It actually wasnt ready when i went there. But i knew i wanted it. Another thing i noticed that day that the backseat did not have anything wrong with it. But the day i actually got it, It had a burn in it! Was very dissapointed with that as i hadnt been in the back seat since getting it so didnt get the chance to say anything then and there. ALSO the 3month warranty??? I duno about that? A couple of days later one of my tail lights was blown. Replaced it for 20bux.. then another one went.. So i rang shane an thought well i might as well use the warranty! Most expensive light globes ive ever bought! lol He told me he would reamburse me.. ok sweet! After that nothing came of it.. no phone call. So i got my partner to ring, thinkin he's male he might talk to him differently? No they argued because he didnt want to talk to him and hung up on him! i was stunned. Never spoken to him since. But since then i have replaced every single light globe from random blows, some of them twice! And just tonight.. (Which made me join this website) I had problems with my head lights turning off while driving. and the stereo.

I wish i had of been able to read more about power road, because i definatly would not have brought from there.

So posting this essay lol for the next person that comes browsing for an opinion. :)

Sorry Power Road - Unhappy Customer :D

Hey all... Old thread but just thought i'd put my 2bob in considering this was the forum i read that pushed me to want to buy my r34 from shane.

Would have to say that i would complain.. :D Also found shane rude on the phone.. And also when i spoke to him in person. Everytime i went there. Thought maybe because i was a younge female... might not have takin me seriously. He didnt want to drop the price at all, spoke to me like i had no idea about anything! Walkin in there the day to buy, i got one of his workers. Geoff maybe? Which i clearly told i wanted a r34 black or grey sedan. Non turbo. And he spent half an hour trying to get me to have a look at a red coupe with a turbo.....? Wat the? Also when i went to the bank Geoff drove us in that same red coupe and was floggin the crap out of it every chance he got. And he was ment to be trying to sell that car? Strange.

My r34 we got to take for a 5min test drive. (but only round the block) It actually wasnt ready when i went there. But i knew i wanted it. Another thing i noticed that day that the backseat did not have anything wrong with it. But the day i actually got it, It had a burn in it! Was very dissapointed with that as i hadnt been in the back seat since getting it so didnt get the chance to say anything then and there. ALSO the 3month warranty??? I duno about that? A couple of days later one of my tail lights was blown. Replaced it for 20bux.. then another one went.. So i rang shane an thought well i might as well use the warranty! Most expensive light globes ive ever bought! lol He told me he would reamburse me.. ok sweet! After that nothing came of it.. no phone call. So i got my partner to ring, thinkin he's male he might talk to him differently? No they argued because he didnt want to talk to him and hung up on him! i was stunned. Never spoken to him since. But since then i have replaced every single light globe from random blows, some of them twice! And just tonight.. (Which made me join this website) I had problems with my head lights turning off while driving. and the stereo.

I wish i had of been able to read more about power road, because i definatly would not have brought from there.

So posting this essay lol for the next person that comes browsing for an opinion. :)

Sorry Power Road - Unhappy Customer :)

Where did you get your tail lights from?

One of mine went about 2 months ago and im certain i didnt have to pay 20 bucks for one.

Where did you get your tail lights from?

One of mine went about 2 months ago and im certain i didnt have to pay 20 bucks for one.

I got them in victoria from a small town autobarn. 8.95 for one and i had to buy 2.

Got my GT-T from them last year and was very happy with the service. At first, Shane might seem like a arrogant guy who's pretty rude and not interested unless you show him cash, but talk to Jeff first and you'll be looked after. Got on the good books with him, and he'd always give me parts for free which were taken off for compliancing. It's been over a year now, and every time i pay em a visit its like we've been mates for years. He still says that my R34 is the best he's ever sold =)

If you have any issues or anything...best thing is to just call him over and over again until he gets the job done. He does get quiet busy at times and is pretty ignorant towards little things.

Got my GT-T from them last year and was very happy with the service. At first, Shane might seem like a arrogant guy who's pretty rude and not interested unless you show him cash, but talk to Jeff first and you'll be looked after. Got on the good books with him, and he'd always give me parts for free which were taken off for compliancing. It's been over a year now, and every time i pay em a visit its like we've been mates for years. He still says that my R34 is the best he's ever sold =)

If you have any issues or anything...best thing is to just call him over and over again until he gets the job done. He does get quiet busy at times and is pretty ignorant towards little things.

+ 1 for Jeff. I'm probably what he'd call a "time waster" as he took me out for a spin and then I bought privately a few months later, but he was very helpful and more than willing to take the cars out for a test drive.

He also took me out back and showed me a mint condition 2002 Supra with next to no K's on the clock too after I returned in my new car, despite the fact the car was already sold and he knew I wasn't going to buy anything.

Nice guy and the cars a pretty good from what I could tell. If I have a better income in the future I'd be more than happy to buy straight through them than piss around with private buyers.

• 2 weeks later...

i went there n test drove an r34 GTT which my mate ended up buying and it was fine, never had a problem with it. they were also nice enough to organize having it trucked up to SA. they took the road worthy process very seriously as well. removed the HID's and the dipping switch, etc. as long as u check the car out properly then u shouldnt have a problem

I went there on sunday and they opened up pretty much just for me as they don't open on sunday normally.

Gonna go back there to check out some r33's, they have some pretty decent examples there and decent prices and the guy i dealt with on sunday was a nice dude, didnt mind me driving the r34 gtt and looking around at some others.