Flynnn

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

that shits all over the look of ve's

are you on drugs? that's nowhere near as nice as the VE's drastically different looks. This just looks like the current falcoon with different headlights.

wish ford would grow a brain, drop the falcon range altogether and just pimp the Mondeo range

2007-ford-mondeo-1.jpg

such a vastly superior car to the VE and falcoon.

Some Interesting Points (Esp for the knockers)

22kg Lighter than BF

Performance models receive a Launch Control System (like the ones on Formula 1 cars)

I quote" It also has a Formula One-style launch control mode for the manual designed to improve initial acceleration, suggesting a 0-100km/h time of a little over five seconds should be achievable "

http://www.drive.com.au/Editorial/ArticleD...p;pg=2&vf=0

When running on premium unleaded fuel (95 octane) the 4.0-litre six-cylinder delivers a fraction more power, producing 198kW and 409Nm.

Human Media Interface on center console.

Aluminium used throughout.

Virtual Pivot Front suspension (adaptable with Territorys AWD system if future performance AWD Sedan is needed)

Semi Active exhaust on V8 (like aston/jag)

New head on turbo, 30% less lag, specially developed turbo.

Thin A pillar, 4 airbags on xt, 6 on everthing else. 1km increment cruise control.

xr6t has 53nm more. and 25kw.

stiffer, safer, more powerful, lighter, quieter, better equiped, more economical.

Edited by Barbarian

are you on drugs? that's nowhere near as nice as the VE's drastically different looks.

:) he's not the one on drugs funky! VE looks like crap! :)

I really like it, does look similar to the BF's in some parts but that's ok, you don't have to go overboard and make a new model look totally different, especially when the BF was such a hit.

Here's the reworked XR6T Engine

I61702.jpg

Ford has delivered increased performance and fuel economy in the next generation Falcon. Designated the FG (make your own nickname up for that one!), the 2008 Falcon features vastly reworked engines featuring all new intake manifolds on the I6 and Semi-Active muffler systems on the V8. The latest generation of six-cylinder and V8 Falcon engines have been developed to deliver the ideal combination of real world performance, drivability and fuel efficiency.

Well there was rumour that there may be an AWD model using parts developed on the Territory... be interesting if its true.

I Just saw this on forddorums:

Xr6 Turbo 0-100 "little over 5 seconds" probably 5.2??

imagine the f6! definetly a sub 5 second 100

Nice cab.

I prefer the looks of the current model, although had a drive of a current model xr6 and was one of the most disappointing modern car I have driven and the worst for fuel consumption.

We have the ba xr6 and i can openly say it is one of the most refined cars out in the market, is it any wonder why it won wheels car of the year and australian car of the year award when it was first launched? It has a real smooth drive.. received positive reviews in all auto mags.

The current BF FPV F6's with 6 speed auto and 270kw in stock form do a mid 5's 0-100 with 13.5 in quarter mile (some owners even claim to have broken into high 12's in fordforums in stock form).

The FG XR6T receives the same power output as the BF FPV F6 being is a tad lighter and when you take new launch control into consideration, it should be as quick if not quicker than a BF F6. Besides, the XR6T will be receiving a better/newer turbo that will greatly reduce turbo lag (by 30%) so things do look promising for the XR6T.

The new FPV F6 will receive 290kw-300kw figures.

XR8 290kw

GT 320kw

FPV boss wants to bring back GT-HO (was actually promised) so we might end up seeing a AWD GT 400+kw range?

Edited by Barbarian

We have the ba xr6 and i can openly say it is one of the most refined cars out in the market, is it any wonder why it won wheels car of the year and australian car of the year award when it was first launched? It has a real smooth drive.. received positive reviews in all auto mags.

The positive reviews were why I was expecting a good drive, I wanted to like it. The engine and transmission are refined and perform well I agree (apart from the ridiculous fuel consumption) and its a good looking car.. Its a lot of other things that I dislike about the car.