2008 Fg Falcon Revealed

Flynnn

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The body and styling of the car looks something like this...

FPV%20XR6%20(4)-large.jpg

+

Au%20Falcon.jpg

=

2008fordfalconofficial5.jpg

I think the look will grow on me like the VE's.

Edit: Didn't notice the above post.

I was thinking the exact same thing.

We have the ba xr6 and i can openly say it is one of the most refined cars out in the market, is it any wonder why it won wheels car of the year and australian car of the year award when it was first launched? It has a real smooth drive.. received positive reviews in all auto mags.

The current BF FPV F6's with 6 speed auto and 270kw in stock form do a mid 5's 0-100 with 13.5 in quarter mile (some owners even claim to have broken into high 12's in fordforums in stock form).

The FG XR6T receives the same power output as the BF FPV F6 being is a tad lighter and when you take new launch control into consideration, it should be as quick if not quicker than a BF F6. Besides, the XR6T will be receiving a better/newer turbo that will greatly reduce turbo lag (by 30%) so things do look promising for the XR6T.

The new FPV F6 will receive 290kw-300kw figures.

XR8 290kw

GT 320kw

FPV boss wants to bring back GT-HO (was actually promised) so we might end up seeing a AWD GT 400+kw range?

some one loves thier falcons..

on another note looks like we got some "refined" cabs for next few years :)

some one loves thier falcons..

on another note looks like we got some "refined" cabs for next few years :)

You're being a nuisance, you hirsute specimen. Why don't you go shave inbetween your eyebrows , perhaps open a gap in that monobrow of yours and let the grown ups talk, eh?

What your driving is a derivation of a Japanese cab as well.

On topic, what caught my eye is this new feature on the Turbo models. There's a OVER BOOST and LAUNCH CONTROL function like the ones in Indy/Champ cars. The over boost function lasts upto 10 seconds, raising boost for more power.

Over boost & launch assist technology

The I6 Turbo engine features a number of new and unique performance features, which serve to expand the envelope of useable performance at both ends of the spectrum – maximising both standing start and in-gear performance.

While the calibration of the I6 Turbo engine has been optimised to improve fuel economy, it also incorporates a transient over boost feature, as well as launch assist and adaptive variable camshaft timing (VCT) anti-lag technologies.

"The transient over boost feature allows the engine to over boost by up to 10 per cent for several seconds, increasing available engine torque for improved performance during driving events such as overtaking manoeuvres," Ford Australia Powertrain Development Manager, David Mitchell said.

"Manual transmission turbo models are also equipped with a launch assist anti-lag feature, which increases available engine torque for more consistent maximum launch acceleration, as well as reducing turbo and exhaust temperatures, and minimising turbo lag and clutch wear."

During wide open throttle launches, positive boost pressures were previously not achievable to enable an optimum launch scenario.

The launch assist feature is activated when the vehicle is stationary – with clutch fully disengaged and requisite accelerator applied, engine speed is limited to a maximum of 3500 rpm by actively cutting fuel.

After a small delay of approximately 2-3 seconds, the turbo spools up with 80 per cent cool fresh air, which is pumped by the cylinders that have been deactivated. When the clutch is released and the vehicle starts to move away, all cylinders are reactivated and access to full torque is returned.

"The net result of the launch assist anti-lag feature is a more easily repeatable execution of a rapid and smooth launch, while at the same time increasing drivetrain protection during such events," Mitchell said.

Edited by Barbarian

Orian....Aurion. You cant get 0-100km/h and 0-400m times out of power and torque figures. Look at the current GT, has 290kw and only does mid 14's if that.

Can anyone say, VE door handles? Looks like ford went to Holden and brought them.

Edited by Mooney

So Barbarian,

this OVER BOOST feature is basicaly an inbuilt Boost controller?

And the Anti Lag system... Is it similar to a "Stall conveter" where you start revving the engine getting the turbo winded up then engage the clutch for a launch in result = an anti lag system?

You're being a nuisance, you hirsute specimen. Why don't you go shave inbetween your eyebrows , perhaps open a gap in that monobrow of yours and let the grown ups talk, eh?

What your driving is a derivation of a Japanese cap as well.

oh no big man i found that very offensive cause you think i look like you :thumbsup:

yeh but my 13 year old japanese CAP looks and performs 10x better than your 2008 "refined" (cant stop laughing at that) falcon, thats hang on wait for it... built/desinged by a bunch of diploma engineers that rock up to work half pissed :D

but what would i know right...

yeh but my 13 year old japanese WHALE looks and performs 10x better than your 2008 "refined" (cant stop laughing at that) falcon, thats hang on wait for it... built/desinged by a bunch of diploma engineers that rock up to work half pissed :thumbsup:

Whale < New Falcon.

It would shit all over our 20y/o skylines anyday of the week - track, strip, refinement, cruising.

pull your finger out!

oh, i forgot about the generic SAU argument - POWERRRRR

Whale < New Falcon.

It would shit all over our 20y/o skylines anyday of the week - track, strip, refinement, cruising.

pull your finger out!

oh, i forgot about the generic SAU argument - POWERRRRR

oh geeez not another one...

lets compare cars of today with an early 90s car shall we