2008 Fg Falcon Revealed

Flynnn

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

so they should make cars the size of nissans family cars so that only kids under the age of 6 can sit in the back without having their legs squashed between the seats?

look at all the euro cars. they are all heavy too.

Photo chop

mmm... just more of the same 'ol from Ford I reckon. Holden is no better either.

At the risk of offending, I find Australian cars lacking in style, or rather they just don't know how to use style with restraint when appropriate. They are rarely (if ever) original either. Another word that comes to mind is 'crude'.

Ah well, at least there won't be any more new Magnas/380's to offend the eye in future :D

Edited by Wayne_J

After seeing some new pics, I think they are ugly as sin. And I dont rate the HSVs either. If I HAD to chose one of them Calais V, maybe a senitor... The rest are just shocking.

When it comes to class, style, comfort, technology, elegence, power & torque... The new G6E Turbo wins hands down.

This G6E Turbo will be Australias version of Bmw M5

G6E Turbo (HMI) Human Machine Infarce

fpv-gt-tmr-12.jpg

G6-5.jpg

HIMHi.jpg

HIM3.jpg

HIM4.jpg

G6E_interior1_L_700.jpg

Hmmm, lots of opinion here. Trying to compare with Skylines and Euro cars. To be honest I find my BA XR8 ute a decent enough cruiser, auto so great for towing a decent load like the race car and boat but certainly no comparison with the GTR for handling or performance. In fact I compared my GTR in the current improved form to a number of supercars I've recently driven 2000kms each and found it the standout against them so no local made POS is going to come close. The improvement needed over BA alone would be so huge as to be insurmountable.

This Orion doesn't move me, and the FPV models with huge slabs of pointless grey plastic on the fronts is ugly.

The VE Commodore is even more dissapointing especially the thing with hideous plastic moulded rubbish attached on the bonnet and guards.

But as the old saying goes. "You can't polish a turd"

all range look amazing, really stylish and European.

That's a good thing?

That's kind of the opposite of what they should be going for.

I'd like to know why every car manufacturer (including jap ones... lol honda) has for some dumbass reason started making all of their cars look like soggy eurotrash. Jap cars are some of the best looking around yet they are making them look like garbage.

I spose it's the general publics fault. They think it's a good look and euro cars are the bomb so the car manufacturers are aiming their cars at them.

Im a massive Ford Fan from way back and have to say that this FG series looks great so far. More of a cosmetic lift to the BF series falcons and XR's with a slice of mondeo feel to them. The dash and "cockpit" look great and have again taken directions from europe and the BA - BF range.

I think Ford are on a real winner with series. Love the leather trim and the european feel that Ford have taken too.

Hope sales continue to improve with this generation of Fords.

Only big question i have here is if / when Ford Australia and America are going to turn to green power anytime soon as GM have done in America?????

Thanks for this post Barbarian, great pics and a great topic to chat about.

EMZ

What is wrong with people? Euro styling ftl.

Aussie cars should look like tough aussie cars.

Much and all as I hate to say it, holden have got the idea. So much better than the new falcons. Euro = soggy poo.

What is wrong with people? Euro styling ftl.

Aussie cars should look like tough aussie cars.

Much and all as I hate to say it, holden have got the idea. So much better than the new falcons. Euro = soggy poo.

"Soggy poo" at the moment is the flava of of month so to speak. Many car companies are turning to european top sellers to influence their new models. And not to mention that Ford is a global comapny with many options and designs to choose from. Influences may include Land rover, volvo,jaguar, madza and ford in america. After the interesting sales with the AU series i think ford had to really pull their finger/s out and get a move on with a truelly world class car for the general aussie public. And i think theve done this wit the FG series.

Regards, Evan