SAU Community

2008 Fg Falcon Revealed

Flynnn

FoTM does not mean it's a good thing... and I really don't trust the general public to decide on what looks good and what doesn't ;)

Well hopefully it won't last too long and people realise euro = teh ghey

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

"Soggy poo" at the moment is the flava of of month so to speak. Many car companies are turning to european top sellers to influence their new models. And not to mention that Ford is a global comapny with many options and designs to choose from. Influences may include Land rover, volvo,jaguar, madza and ford in america. After the interesting sales with the AU series i think ford had to really pull their finger/s out and get a move on with a truelly world class car for the general aussie public. And i think theve done this wit the FG series.

Regards, Evan

wholeheartedly concur..

There is a growing trend in Australia and in especially in Melbourne where European cars are beginning to dominate our roads more than ever. Despite being more expensive than its Japanese counterparts, they're almost on par in regards to sales and in return they offer more class and style. It's evident that the Australian consumers/buyer are shifting towards the European "prestigeness" to be more chic in this day and age. Taking a drive in Melbournes inner metro/cbd area and you will notice how true this is. That's where Ford Aus has noticed this pattern and has decided to move its design to a more contemporary design cue..

Take a look at your average Corrola that's as bland as most Japanese cars out there, almost an insult to human taste and decensy and compare it with something European that is in the same size i.e. Peugeot 308

peugeot-308-frente.jpg

toyota-corolla.jpg

Edited by Barbarian

So you're saying that every euro car looks better than every other car?

lol and I'd much rather the toyota than a poogeot...

I feel sorry for the australian public not knowing any better.

Ah I just saw your thread about being over jap cars... ok so why are you still on sau.com? Shouldn't you be off where you're more at home? Euro ftl...

Aristo/Celsior/JZX100 > eurotrash.

lol @ my last car (1985 RA65 celica) having aircon/cruise/efi when my girlfriends parents 89 saab and merc don't even have those.

Edited by Hibino

The only Japanese car that has awesome design elements is Mazda.. the rest should be flushed down the drain... and i think we know why Mazda is such a class leading brand, it's half owned by Ford :D

Mazda 6 awesome car..

2008mazda6starter.jpg

Mazda_6_Frankfurt_027.jpg

Mazda's future design cues

2018-mazda3.jpg

2010 Rx7

2010-mazda-rx7-2.jpg

Despite being 6 years old, Rx8 still looks top notch

2008-mazda-rx-8-sport-pack4.jpg

Edited by Barbarian

Ok wow you pick the 2 gayest mazda's they made (except for series 1,2,3 rx7's)...

mazda-rx7-series-6-rear-3_176.jpg

Well I feel sorry for you liking such bland, slow, ugly, look at me I'm rich even though every other person who has money buys one of these cars to show how rich they are too, fwd, dodgy build quality, soggy buckets of poo.

If you want to be a poser, by all means get a euro shitter. If you want something that does it's job well, looks and handles great and has some pretty pimp luxury options (aristo's etc) then go jap.

Edited by Hibino

*sAfrican Americans at Hibino having just enough money to have to tell people about it.........*

The good thing about differing opinions is that we don't have to all drive the same things.

Ford Australia has made a great decision by bonding with Ford Europe for this FG Falcon and went ahead with the Ford "kinetic" design elements.

Have a look at the up coming Ford Focus & Fiesta, all have striking resemble (including our FG Falcon) with the Ford Mondeo... all part of the same DNA.

Ford Focus 2008, Australia will receive it by early 2009.

2008fordfocus.jpg

2008fordfocusrear.jpg

Ford Fiesta 2008, Australia receives it by 2009

carphoto2122515jf1.jpg

Ford_Verve_4_Large.jpg

2008 FG Falcon

014_1067x800.jpg

08fpvf6greyrl6.jpg

Edited by Barbarian

dude yuck please stop posting such ugly cars.

GTRgeoff what do you mean by that first sentence?

Also if you're saying about different opinions so we all aren't driving the same thing, why is it that everyone is designing euro looking cars?

because people seem to like them :(

had a VE clubsport R8 in at work today, most poorly put together car EVER.. a basic BF Fairmont is better on the inside and out!

Cant wait to drive one of the G series fords, should be pretty good :(

That typhoon looks nuts!

GTRgeoff what do you mean by that first sentence?

Mate, if you have enough you'll realise you don't have to look like a dill and tell everyone how much you have.

LTHLRB

give Robbie and Dan my best next time you catch up mate.

• 2 months later...

They really have no idea. The BA design cant be beaten. What they thought to elongate the headlights?

How do they let it pass when the VE is so obviously a better design? This isnt European styling like some have said,

look at the lights :teehee: