SAU Community

What Car would you buy if you had $30,000 (Must be new)

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, if it's a company car - he will be leasing it no doubt - so you can knock the GST off the price, not to mention there is a fleet discount for the grabbing - The RRP or List price of the car is more like $34,000to $35,000 if he has $30K to spend..

That opens the field a liitle more...

New Vectra

VECTRA%20MY03%20SED%20CD_F.jpg

VECTRA%20MY03%20SED%20CD_I.jpg

16" Alloy Wheels, 9 Speaker Stereo, ABS (Antilock Brakes), Adjustable Steering Col. - Tilt & Reach, Air Conditioning, Airbags - Driver & Passenger (Dual), Airbags - Side for Front Occupants, Armrest - Front Centre (Shared), Armrest - Rear Centre (Shared), Body Coloured Bumpers, Brake Assist, CD Player, Central Locking - Remote/Keyless, Chrome Grille, Chrome Interior highlights, Control - Corner Braking, Control - Traction, Cruise Control, Disc Brakes Front Ventilated, Disc Brakes Rear Solid, EBD (Electronic Brake force Distribution, Engine Immobiliser, Headlamps - Electric Level Adjustment, Independent Rear Suspension, Intermittent Wipers - Variable, Multi-function Control Screen, Multi-function Steering Wheel, Power Door Mirrors - Heated, Power Steering - Speed Sensitive, Power Windows - Front & Rear, Rear Head Rests, Remote Boot/Hatch Release, Remote Fuel Lid Release, Speed Dependant Volume Stereo, Tacho

xboy had the right idea - i think the mazda6 is a good car. according to drive.com.au, they start at $28,270 for the 2.3L manual. it goes all the way up to $43,250 for the top model!

but it depends if your dad wants a sporty car, does he need a big boot? how much driving does he do?

cos if i did a lot of driving and needed to carry stuff around, i'd prefer a medium auto sedan like the mazda6.

*edit: and if i was a hoon and wanted to guzzle petrol, i'd get a skyline.. oops too late!

Guest RedLineGTR

depends if you wanna just get a car with the intention of getting mods done too it or not....maybe try some of the honda range vtec, low fuel comsumption...high reving...

Southo - He has a vectra at the moment and likes it. He was looking at the newer one, as seen in the pictures you provided but he doesn't like the look of them and they are $4,000 out of his price range.

Timmy G - Yes he does drive alot, to and from work and usually uses his car on the weekend.

Timmy G's right its a work car. No mods hehe :)

get the Magna AWD 3.5 executive with manual. trust me the executive 3.5 is better than the VRX 3.5. it develops tourqe and power at much lower revs. ive driven a 3.5 executive manual and they ****in pull hard. used to wheel spin in first by accelerator, 0-100 7.0 (dodgy mobile phone stopwatch but trip computer reakons it was 100km/h) only ran out of balls at 180km/h untill that it pulled harder than a holden HSV 185kw calais.

they werent called V8 killers for nothing :D