SAU Community

Tint... Or No Tint?

Wayne_J

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's a better pic showing the tinted doors...

Also took the car to the detailers a week ago - had the paint swirls removed, and a general buff all over, removing minor scratches around the door handles, etc.

Man, it made a huge difference to the look of the car, a bargain for $200. The photo really doesnt do justice to the difference. Now I just have to maintain the washing and polishing the way I was told to... the detailer guy was really full-on and passionate about the subject :no:

gallery_46181_2320_190464.jpg

what tint % do u have on the back windows & what are the front windows?

im about to get my black r32gtr done but not sure if i go 20%, 15% or 5% (ive heard 5% is very hard to see @ night)

Hot rims dude, hot colour, they look so much better when not gold :P

Im liking the S2 front bar in black

Thanks Grant.

Initially I was intent on getting either all black wheels, or black centres/polished alloy rims.

But when I saw these with the 'shadow chrome' centres, I changed my mind - for the time being anyway :P

The S2 front bar is okay I guess - I do prefer the indicators and grille over the S1 at least.

I will probably change the front bar at some point, not many aftermarket ones I like to be honest.

I do like the East Bear range though.

But, in the 6 or 7 weeks I've owned the car I've spent a crapload on mods already, and am a little tired of working on it or dropping it off somewhere to get work done.

Plus I'm moving interstate in a month, so time to stop spending money & time...

It's time to just get out there and enjoy the driving car as it is!

For a while anyway :D

what tint % do u have on the back windows & what are the front windows?

im about to get my black r32gtr done but not sure if i go 20%, 15% or 5% (ive heard 5% is very hard to see @ night)

(Damned 'flood control' mumble...)

Hey Marko,

The rear windows were already tinted in Japan so I really don't know the exact % (though I have seen 20% mentioned a lot), I could guess but I doubt it'd be very accurate. It's pretty darn dark though. I'm used to it now for the most part, not a problem during the day but at night I would have to be honest and say it does restrict your vision sometimes.

The front doors have been done in 35% 'Midnight Express' tint http://www.tintacar.com.au/autofilm_midnight.shtml.

In the end I just went for the darkest legal tint (35%) and they claim that Midnight Express looks the darkest of the legal tints.