SAU Community

Tein Coilovers Are Too Hard For Daily Driving...

Hey all

My 32 GTR has tein suspension in it. I am the first owner in aus and have had it for about a month.

This is the car's only mod and i suspect it is jap spec suspension with a really hard spring rate

The car is soo stiff to drive :banana: , i have softened up the fronts to as far anti clockwise (softest), and i cant yet get to the rear.

So

what i ultimately want is a suspension set up that is going to give a smooth ride over handling.

Not to say i want to feel like im driving a boat, but what i have now yea probably gives great handling, but i need to use the car every day

so i want something thats going to be comfortable.

What do you think my options would be :banana:

I was thinking about selling my tein suspension and maybe just puttin in stock GTR suspension, or possibly a new setup of some kind.

Also, how do i access the rear shocks, do i have to pull the seat out. How do i do this?? Can anyone tell me the steps

Thanks heaps guys

This is really driving me mad! :dry:

cheers

:spam:

Yeah you probably only have 2 options; harden up or just swap em for something else.

If you decide you want stockies, I have a set in perfect working order in Melb, so PM me if you want em.

Before pulling the seat out, check behind the wheel, some shocks have their adjustment knob there.

What type of teins are we talking about here? Assuming they are not super streets as they are relatively soft as far as coilovers go.

Depending on what they are you could modify your existing set-up. Could end up costing $$$ though.

Or you could buy my super streets (see for sale section) and make your money back by selling your existing ones off to someone who wants to do circuit work.

Going back to stock seems a bit backwards to me.

Edited by taynewguy

if they are in top nick...not leaking or squeaking $800-900 is a fair asking price.

Ive got HA's and the first week i couldnt drive for more than 20mins before i got a sore neck. I hardend the F up and now my necks the same width as my head.

yep SK seems to be good and proven for comfort and performance.

Just get them revalved with some different springs. I have the sk setup on my gtr and if you have your car lower than std you lose damper travel and will hit bump stops all the time. the bilsteins are awesome, however they are the same length, if not larger than std shocks. The jap coilovers have an actual shorter shockbody and are designed for max shock travel at lower ride heights.

Talk to cenerline suspension or racepace.