SAU Community

Which Petrol To Use?

blakey1804

congratulations and welcome! im sure everyone will agree, only use 98 octane, i use shell 99% of the time and caltex is next in line. my mechanic said that they are all pretty much the same but where possible use the same pump at the same servo all the time.

post up some pics for everyone to see

+1 BP ultimate

ive used the Vpower ethanol 100 stuff couple of times but dont really trust it :rofl:

How is that stuff anyway? Does that extra 2 Octane make any difference?

I stick to BP as advised by my mechanic.

Also different fuel companies have different additives in their 98 Octane. SO personal choice / ppls experiance.

I go BP > Mobil > Caltex > Shell... IMO

^^ Friend told me he used it (100 Octane) he did not notice anything compaired to 98 Octane.

Plus Our cars would have had to be tuned for AUS fuel and I guess at the time 98 was pretty much the highest, when I bought my car.

100 only came out early last year from memory but was probley avaliable at selected Shell stations prier to all.

Edited by (00)SKYLINE(00)

+ 1 to bp ultimate..

I think its best to stick to this fuel... as most skyline drivers use it.

Although whatever you choose to use, i think its best to stick with it and continue to use the same fuel, as said by someone above. Swapping between fuels all the time i personally dont think is good for your car...

lol, im not sure if this is true, as it was on aca or tt... but they said that all the fuel that is in these bowsers, comes from the same production plant.

so it wont make a difference what BRAND it is, just what ron rating it is.

lol, if anyone knows if the petrol thing is false, please correct me...i did hear is on aca/tt after all:S