SAU Community

Which Petrol To Use?

blakey1804

I always use premium, but I'm starting to use Caltex Vortex. Its 98 Octane, and cheaper than BP Premium. BP Ultimate is too expensive for someone who earns just over $200 a week. Damn apprentiship!!

and for some caltex, u can use safeway dockets to save 4c a litre :laughing-smiley-014: :laughing-smiley-014:

im just curious as to see if teh vpower racing is good or bad for your car

i hear u only supposed to use it in post 2004 models

when i had my s15 i emailed shell and they wrote back saying they would not recomend it in my 2002 s15 :thumbsup:

Pretty much just any RON 98 :banana: I use the vortex 98, coz its the "cheapest" (>_>) RON 98 near my area...

I being hearing people getting away with RON 95s ok, although, I won't trust my car with it...

Edited by Mayuri Krab

i use shell v power or caltex vortex, depending on what i have a voucher for, if i dont have a voucher then ussually bp ultimate as i spend most my time at kew BP washing my car

Only ever BP fuel.

Im using BP 95 ATM....was using 98 RON but didnt find a great deal of inprovement with it. Either way the BP fuels (95 and 98) have been flawless in my R33 N/A.

Ethanol = lots of probs (cheap and nasty) stalls car, runs rough, pings

Regards, Evan

from what I have read/seen/heard, with 98 ron fuel you will get a more pure fuel and more efficient burn, thus getting more power and better fuel economy (though this may only be minimal depending on your car) also you will increase the life of your engine, compared to 95 Ron.

I ALWAYS use BP Ultimate unless an absolute emergency.

with everyday/non-sports cars it doesn't really matter as much. Sports cars are made to take advantage of better fuel.

I use Shell vpower and never let the tank get below half. I've heard so many reports about bad/contaminated fuel I dont trust any company but I have to fill my car up somewhere lol.