SAU Community

Warming Up My Gtr.

Tamrb26

The stereo in my car was installed without a direct power or something so it resets every time you turn it off.

and I'm too much of a noob to re-do the install.

so.

it is a perfect timer.

and I start the car, get my bike on the back, bags in the boot, get in, belt on, in to reverse, and the radio says 12:02.

drive it at below 3000rpm and by the time I get to the freeway, the time says 12:06 and the engine temp is on half.

it has forged pistons too.

it has done about 50K kms since rebuild and has 323,000kms on the clock.

how much it comes on boost depends on how much accelerator you give it.

yes, some people need to learn throttle control. I could hit 5k RPM without building boost if i wanted to.

back awhile ago i use to do that, drive off without warming up, and the car feels really rough plus the gear change feels stiff too.

My 32 was just like that...so I used to set the turbo timer for about 5-6 mins and let it run while I ate my breakfast...very good idea

remote start while i'm brushing my teeth...

when i get in a minute later the climate control is just right, dvd is playing, cars starting to get warm and the back windscreen is demisted.

/bling

Yeah remote start rules :D

My 32 was just like that...so I used to set the turbo timer for about 5-6 mins and let it run while I ate my breakfast...very good idea

Waste of fuel + time in my opinion. Best advice is to get an oil temp gauge, and until its warm dont rev it.

I can't understand how anyone in their right mind would think warming up their car slowly is a good idea.

It just boggles the mind. A guy at work with a skyline does it, and i always say startin driving straight away, bring it up to temp sooner rather than later.

Most wear occurs when the engine is cold... so getting the temp up quicker is the best thing for it.

It doesn't mean rev it to redline it just means drive it like you would if your grandma was in the car until the temp gets up to normal.