SAU Community

Help With Water Line/help With Install

MR 33

Guys, i'm about to take a sledgy to my car. Can anyone tell me how they removed the water line that goes to the back of the head? I got the dumb little bolt holding the bracket at the back, but CANNOT get the little clip thingy where it joins at the head!?!?! It appears to have a bracket coming out to a bolt?? I've heard undoing the lhs cam cover, but the clip is facing towards the brack booster so that'd have no affect regarding room etc.. Someone please help i'm going insane. PM so i can give ya my mobile number....thanks guys

Edited by MR 33

Haha i thought that myself but to my surprise was easy as! Now i just gotta get two studs for the manifold that screwed emselves out over time and i can start putting the turbo on. Quick question, when i was undoing the bolts for manifold studs one stud screwed right out. Can i just screw that back in and should be fine? Also, do i have to loc-tite any studs when i put em in, for dump flange and turbo to manifold? Probably not but just wanna know for peace of mind.

Yeah i knew someone would say that, damn. They look alright though? Nuts came off easy an stuff with no wd40. See how i go anyway. Can't wait till the rest of these goodies are in :banana:

I would replace all studs.All mine are replaced with ARP items even the manifold studs :banana:

A common prob for the RB25s (not sure for 26s) is the rear manifold studs tend to lose there head due to the manifold warping and resulting in the head of the stud popping off.I cant imagine the stud screwing itself loose,have a look to see if there is half a thread in there.

Hmm yeah i guess i should. Whats the easiest way of getting them out? Also i need to get the four studs out to replace with longer ones so yeah any advice there appreciated!! Nah they came out eh, could tell coz the washers were loose i was just too lazy to tighten em up haha. So i go to a parts store for studs and nuts etc or nissan to get raped? :banana:

Still not really keen on changing 10 studs when all i have to do is screw two in. No doubt i'll snap another 6 or something. Not sure what to do, just gotta get these two studs and the gasket then she's on...

Well it appears i DO have broken studs! LOL Had a bit of a tinker today and actually looked in the hole and bam, broken studs. So anyone got a number for mobile guy to rip em out? Fark all in the yellow pages out this way. Started to pull the other studs out, got to like the 4th one and put em back in haha. They all came out easy so i just put em back in for now. Yes i know. All good but everything will be in ready for next tune, 260+rwkw here we come :banana:

Haha yeah :banana:

Gotta get these bastards out, holding up my install here. Read all about the ez out process but knowing me i'll snap the prick in there. Took off my screamer/front pipe and dug out my hks ss front pipe so just gotta get 15cm or so custom stainless instead of half mangled mild steel. All coming together nicely.....

Yeah got a couple of mobile mechanics numbers, gonna ring around tomorrow see what prices i can get. Hopefully it can be done tomorrow (sunday) so turbo n shit goes on then straight off to get dump pipe made. Injectors and z32 in, plus hyper single yeeeee haaaa :banana:

When my motor is finished we will have to line up at WSID :P

Ooh shit yeah!! I've done 13.1 with 2.1 60 footers on 200rwkw so i'll shit a 12 in when she's all done! :)

Yeah i know i should change em all, but i just seems like a waste to throw away 10 good studs lol. I should really do em all eh? So undecided, not worried about the cost just the extra time and effort to change em all. Might ring some numbers, see what they charge to replace all studs :)

Ooh shit yeah!! I've done 13.1 with 2.1 60 footers on 200rwkw so i'll shit a 12 in when she's all done! :P

Yeah i know i should change em all, but i just seems like a waste to throw away 10 good studs lol. I should really do em all eh? So undecided, not worried about the cost just the extra time and effort to change em all. Might ring some numbers, see what they charge to replace all studs :laugh:

WTF! I had 250rwkw and all i could manage was a 13 flat at 113mph.What was your mph?

I had 2 year old SAVAs on the back though.

LOL you get 2.5 sec 60 footer? I ran 108mph thats my pb so far. With stock clutch and bald stockers on the arse lol. Plan on smashing that quite soon. Went out hunting for studs today, found correct thread (M10x1.25) but they were all like 10mm too short. Have to make a trip down to Nissan tommorrow and get em all there. New washers and everything i guess? Have a thread guy coming out tommorrow so if all goes to plan i should have the turbo on yee haa :laugh:

Edited by MR 33