SAU Community

R34 Gt-25 - Either Selling Or Fixing.. Depending On Interest.

s7ormnet

To all those who most likely know more then me, though i can almost guarentee you do!

I have somewhat of a dilemma, bought said R34 GT-25 for what now seems a little too much but it's too late to do anything about that. Call it learning the hard way, anyway..

Long story short, nice car (born without a turbo ./cry) travels along midlands highway, meets local wildlife, nice car not quite so nice...

Now i'm not sure whether to just try and sell the car, cut my losses and find something else to waste my money on (all cars are good for no?, besides losing your license) or...... replace the front bar and get a nice body kit in the process, see what it costs me to replace the damaged light unit and what i assume is a brace of sorts in front of the radiator.. (the technical name escapes me).. Refer pictures below.

When i showed my dad recently he seems to think the brace may have been previously damaged because the braces below haven't budged much at all, but once again isnt really something i can do anything about. Much less notice when i bought the car unless i took the front bar off.

So, thoughts? At this stage I would almost sell for anything more then $16,000, otherwise.. where can i find parts locally or if not locally any recommendations interstate for spares. (headlight unit, the brace thing) as well as a source for getting a decent kit or anyone selling one?

Oh and to add some extra fun, i recently got married so trying not to spend too much.. else i might get in strife :laugh:

The brace thing..

Image069.jpg

The brace thing again...

Image070.jpg

The broken light unit, (light still works so maybe only need the housing?)

Image072.jpg

The front bar isnt to badly damaged, has cracking around the corners below both lights and a small impact zone on the front centre.. (damn kangaroo hit the number plate). Haven't rushed to do anything as yet but yeah.

Cheers, Alex

Hey mate. Do you have any pics from the front end???

Yeah, will just go and take some. Sorry, i thought afterwards i should have posted car pics.

Edited by s7ormnet

The photos show the only visible damage to the front bar, car is clean apart from the front impact.

Edit: Resized some of the photos.. not quite so argh stop blocking my screen size.

Image081.jpg

Edited by s7ormnet

Alex the bar doesn't look that bad, you could either fill it yourself and flick it with paint or have someone else do it either way it wouldn't/shouldn't cost much.

You should be able to track down another light in the 4 sale section from someone else that has upgraded or wrecking already or plastic weld original bracket or make your own custom bracket. Either way should be able to fix the damage so you can still use your light.

From the pics its a little hard to tell but it doesn't look all that bad and the rad support looks ok so damage wise you wouldn't be looking at more than a few hundred :D