SAU Community

Respraying Car.

I realise it won't be as simple as just slapping on afew coats of paint but it does sound hell expensive to have 4 parts prep'd and painted when for not much more (well double actually) I could get the entire car resprayed (which to me I would have thought would be -very- labour intensive).

I'll be getting all the work done by a pro sprayer coz i've never done anything like this before. He hasn't seen the kit so just quoted me ($1000 for prep/spray/fit) on what I told him.

The kit is all pre-made and pre-drilled etc so hopefully when he see's this it might come out alittle cheaper.

If I had a ute or something i'd drop it all over at his work shop and get him to have a closer look.

I had a mate offer to do the entire thing for about $500-600 who is now a sprayer but I seen some of his work from almost 2yrs ago and while it looked good when it rolled out of his garage a year on you can see the minor faults. I'm sure he has come a long way in the last 2yrs but I don't feel confident in him playing with my $30k car (this car he worked on was a $5k dato).

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dont forget that my respray was so cheap because the prep was done by me and mates! the cost was only for paint, booth, and sprayer!!

true, but it's VERY hard to get perfect! even a pro, i've seen some pro resprays on high profile cars (not full show cars) and they have the same issues as some one who does it themselves! i had not done it before, turned out alot better than it started ( body wise) but it takes time. would get it done alot quicker to get someone to do it for you!!

it's your choice, save a couple hundred bucks and do it yourself(which i might add feels good when its done), or get someone you can trust to give you what you want for extra money!!