SAU Community

Rb20 With Cam Gears?

yogibear

ok i just got cam gears for my rb20det just wondering what their best dialed in on for std cams?

yes i know i should get it dynoed but if some one has all ready done this they can tell me their results

mods

full 3" zorst

FMIC

boxed pod with extra cold air feed

rb25 turbo

fuel pump

and now cam gears

i will be getting these soon

afm

remap

and injectors

THANKS

He meant that all cars respond to different cam gear settings differently...even with standard cams...so tuning IS STILL REQUIRED to get some quantitative results...so your mistake there...

That said...i've read up alot about these before i had mine done and in general most guys ended up with between +1 to +3 advance on INLET and -2 to -6 retard on EXHAUST...thats a starting range...the rest is up to you...

haha soft spot aye? anyway i get mine tuned tmmrw so let you know on weds when i get it back

lol not really hey just in my eyes std will be roughty the same every time.

how did u go with yours? what did u gain? and whered did you gain power?

Edited by yogibear

get it tmmrw now (hoping), timing belt and water pump changed. true, but still you will need it tuned. i doubt any gains in the top end will happen, at most might get a little extra midrange? any who tell you when i get it

get it tmmrw now (hoping), timing belt and water pump changed. true, but still you will need it tuned. i doubt any gains in the top end will happen, at most might get a little extra midrange? any who tell you when i get it

Did you end up getting these fitted and tuned? interested in results...

• 3 months later...

Heard from a few tuners the best results on RB20s are seen at IN + 3 and EX - 6 but that being said, all motors are different and react differently

I just had my car on the dyno over the weekend and we ended up advancing the EX side as it liked it better and picked up a bit more power through the midrange and top end, when he retarded the exhaust side it lost a whole heap of power

I'd probably suggest you let a tuner do it just so they can recheck timing and making sure its not pining etc

Heard from a few tuners the best results on RB20s are seen at IN + 3 and EX - 6 but that being said, all motors are different and react differently

I just had my car on the dyno over the weekend and we ended up advancing the EX side as it liked it better and picked up a bit more power through the midrange and top end, when he retarded the exhaust side it lost a whole heap of power

I'd probably suggest you let a tuner do it just so they can recheck timing and making sure its not pining etc

but is the +3 and -6 of the crank ? or is it of the cams?