SAU Community

R32 Gtr Seat Cloth

gtrzilla

Does anyone know if you can get the factory seat cloth for GTR R32

I want to re trim my drivers seat in factory trim, and would like it if i could supply the fabric to the trimmer

Anyone know where u can get it from, or what its called, colour code etc??

Thanks heaps

I actually tried this awhile back, and it seems that gtr seat material isn't really consistent in colour due to rapid fading etc.

There actually isn't a colour that i could find that is the same. were many similar but not the same. So i had to retrim in another material/colour.

Also its quite expensive to retrim the seat itself about $300 labour alone excluding materials as the gtr seats are quite complex in design. And also because the seats material is all one piece, you will also need to replace the suede aswell, and if you go genuine suede its quite costly. Costed me about $700-$800 a seat for leather/suede seat retrim.

A GB on this would be good, but the thing is, it would have to be either:

Fabric ready to go

or

Fitted to the seat

And if its option 2 then has to be the one city.....actually ill try some places and see about doing one for sydney

yeah its pretty worn on drivers side, passenger is immac

i just want to slowly restore my gtr, this is the first step

i want everything to pretty much be factory :)

closest seat material to original macro suede type is probably 'alcantara' as used by lambo, audi, porsche, amg etc and available from Gineico in Sydney from memory about $110/m on a 1.4m wide roll. classic british and german in sydney have a similar product but slightly coarser and more expensive. there are similar alternatives but i can't vouch for them. alcantara is bullet proof hence why they use it on ferrys etc. as it is very wear and uv resistant. unfortunately due to fading and batch changes etc its unlikely you can ever match the original perfectly.

closest seat material to original macro suede type is probably 'alcantara' as used by lambo, audi, porsche, amg etc and available from Gineico in Sydney from memory about $110/m on a 1.4m wide roll. classic british and german in sydney have a similar product but slightly coarser and more expensive. there are similar alternatives but i can't vouch for them. alcantara is bullet proof hence why they use it on ferrys etc. as it is very wear and uv resistant. unfortunately due to fading and batch changes etc its unlikely you can ever match the original perfectly.

cool sounds like good info tho

i will see what i can do

i def want to re trim the seat but in factory gear :)

my seats are faded in my r32gtr as well - is there a spray application of some sort that would allow you to dye the colour of the seat back to factory grey or even black? purple faded seats look terrible...

regards,