SAU Community

Trust The Yanks To Pull One Apart...

sewid

I hope these guys don't work for Pimp My Ride !

"We gunna put a 42" plasma on da roof"

"gunna replace all that readout shit with a crap MP4 player....i thought they only went to 3! and a G-Sensor? who needs that"

"lets put a bubble machine in"

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you'll find that the Jap's are taking the more sane route of basic upgrades to extract what they can from standard and then figuring out their options from there. Pulling the engine straight out when there is 0 development hours spent on the car in one piece is not something i would do personally.

Anyway the reason these guys pulled the engines out is to import them across the border into Canada from the US. This is apparently the only way to do it with the car being reassembled once it gets to Canada.

yeah but if everyone is working on minor mods, then someone else could go and do something different and build up a really strong motor, then bolt on the other peoples goodies and really kick some arse.

and i am aware of the reason why they have pulled the motor out.

We do abit of OS business and I can tell you one thing that the yank have in abundance is $$$$$ and I would bet my balls the record setting numbers in future from the current GTR will come out of the US and not Japan or anywhere else for that matter.

They might apply USA perspective on it, but at the end of the day, numbers dont lie.

numbers dont lie.

oh but they do, just ask a guy i know, LOL

a mate of mine had a sigma that ran a 12.56, but according to this other guy, just because it ran a 12.56 that doesn't make it a 12 second car............

We do abit of OS business and I can tell you one thing that the yank have in abundance is $$$$$ and I would bet my balls the record setting numbers in future from the current GTR will come out of the US and not Japan or anywhere else for that matter.

They might apply USA perspective on it, but at the end of the day, numbers dont lie.

yeah cos japs have no money and dont know anything about making cars go :D

I hope these guys don't work for Pimp My Ride !

"We gunna put a 42" plasma on da roof"

"gunna replace all that readout shit with a crap MP4 player....i thought they only went to 3! and a G-Sensor? who needs that"

"lets put a bubble machine in"

bwaahahahaha

The sad thing is your probably right...cant wait till the yanks "take the lead" on modifying the 35 lol.

The great thing about previous GT-R incarnations was the Americans had limited access, but now I fear we're going to lose the JDM edge to the scene. Only to be replaced with a sort of OCC/pimp my crap style modifying culture.

To their credit the Americans will most likely come up with a whole aftermarket themselves making parts for the R35 cheaper and more available. With the free trade agreement between Australia and the US, plus the strong Aussie dollar, plus the lower starting price for US made parts it's going to mean good things to the Australia GT-R owners.

bwaahahahaha

The sad thing is your probably right...cant wait till the yanks "take the lead" on modifying the 35 lol.

The great thing about previous GT-R incarnations was the Americans had limited access, but now I fear we're going to lose the JDM edge to the scene. Only to be replaced with a sort of OCC/pimp my crap style modifying culture.

The same thing happens here... I remember a time when people used to import a skyline and sell off their so called ugly Japanese wheels for next to nothing so they could afford to make a quick trip to tempe and fit the biggest, cheapest, and probably shiniest wheels they could afford... Things have changed a bit now though...

At the end of the day I think things will be much the same... the enthusiasts will remain... we'll have the tinsel crowd fitting plasma's bling and generally whatever other sh!t they saw on pimp my ride. And in both of those crowds we'll have a team of American's with their American take of either enthusiast, or tinsel... Just like we already do with RX7's, 300ZX's and 350Z's

Edited by MintR33

bwaahahahaha

tho it could also be a good thing, the yanks still think the z04 is the shit. so perhaps it will stick to the jdm style when it comes to the gtr,

also the jap scene is starting to turn a little bling bling too yes?

To their credit the Americans will most likely come up with a whole aftermarket themselves making parts for the R35 cheaper and more available. With the free trade agreement between Australia and the US, plus the strong Aussie dollar, plus the lower starting price for US made parts it's going to mean good things to the Australia GT-R owners.

Very true.

Australian R35 owners may eventually have aftermarket American brands under the bonnet rather than JDM.

I'm personally interested to see just how far the U.S. can push the new GTR, just as they've been doing with Supra's and Honda's.

Besides making aftermarket parts, they could be taking it apart to make a workshop manual. you know like gregorys and other companys do due to most work shop manuals for new car are not always readily available. the company who does it first would corner the market for these things and would probably make a mint.

Very true.

Australian R35 owners may eventually have aftermarket American brands under the bonnet rather than JDM.

I'm personally interested to see just how far the U.S. can push the new GTR, just as they've been doing with Supra's and Honda's.

The Americans are copying the japs, the japs are copying the americans... with their LA style tuning rubbish, the brits just import the cream of the modded japanese cars, and the canadians import all the rubbish 15 year old clappers... and australians are like "WTF mate?"

14067532_125x125.jpg

If only the yanks had the same access to the rb as they did to the yota j engines for all these years. They are power mad and would have taken the rb to places we never dreamed of.

I predict 2000 plus horsepower gtr's on the drag strip within a surprisingly short time frame. Given what they have done with the v35, The extra cubes of the 3.7 will only enhance what they are capable of.

Yes there WILL be bling and poor quality generic crap made for it flooded on ebay... but at the same time there will be serious tuners there that will make a beast of a car out of it and provide plenty of quality aftermarket gear!

That or they just dont believe a stocko V6 can be that quick... HOW'D THEY DO IT CLETUS!?

Dat dere is one of dem black magic engines that done have no 8 pistons.....

Stupid yanks.

:down::)

As for ebay.

I highly doubt someone who can afford a R35, is gonna go "yes, got me my $100,000+ supercar, lets put cheap chinese crap on it"

Doubtful.

I bet the same thing was said back when the R32/R33/34 GTR was still well up in the $70-100k+ mark lol but I meant more of the smaller American firms more focused on generic bling not the chinese stuff - although those would come in eventually when prices go well down I reckon.