SAU Community

well im bookin my baby in for a major service and im not happy with the gearbox oil in it.. i had a heavy oil in it when i first bought it but as posted then it was crunchin when changing down into 4th and sometimes when going in to 4th on the way up if givin it some.. as im aware its the synchros however then i had a lighter oil put in to allow for the synchros to open quicker...

but ive been told to try one of those redline shock treatment's as many people have stated that they help fix that problem..

So after all that bs, my question is what a real good oil to use and or does that redline stuff work and which one.?

any help would be appreciated..

Cheers,

Corey

+ 3 for red line shockproof...

There are three types... heavy, light and superlight from memory...

I used the light one.. as mention above its the blue coloured one.

Expect to pay for it tho.. i think i paid 120 for 1 us gallon... or 3.8 litre in our terms.

yea it does

something about the particles going into the gears making it smoother..

not exactly sure on the technical info behind it

But it came high recommended from a trusted mechanic.

so i put it in, and it is as sweet as ever.

+6 for the Redline stuff. It says "most" synchro boxes. Maybe the Nissan boxes are ok with it. Anyhow many (maybe hundreds) of people are using it, or have used it, for sometime in their g/boxes with no issues.

• 3 weeks later...
motul gear competition or motul gear 300

redline schockproof is not ment to be used in gearboxes with synchros..it states it on their website too

Hi i used here in mi country dominicain republic a motul 75w90 syntheny for gear box mechany, but i have a questions how many liter used this:

-the gear box ( how many liter of oil used)

-rear diffs (how many liter of ATF used)

Please help me about that i need this information, the gear box is new and empty too, help me, beacuse tomorow mi mechany he gonna put this transmission.......mi car is a skyline gtr r33 year 1996....

Edited by godzukid_gtr33