SAU Community

Rb26 Inlet Manifold And Adaptation To Rb25 Heads .

Fineline, I'm not even going to bother arguing with an idiot\spammer like yourself. Your posts are useless garbage.

On topic once again -

Does anyone have any feedback on the dual Throttle body design of my mates as opposed to 6? Perks \ Flaws? I can think of the throttle response not being like the RB26 - having the TBs right on the head. THats about it. Tight fit though to get two of those in there.

Edited by The Mafia

Fineline, I'm not even going to bother arguing with an idiot\spammer like yourself. Your posts are useless garbage.

On topic once again -

Does anyone have any feedback on the dual Throttle body design of my mates as opposed to 6? Perks \ Flaws?

i like the idea, but the design is pretty large, seems to take up alot of space? is the idea to give one throttle body supply air to 3 cylinders?

what is the I/C endtake design? does it go 2 into one (pipe) or does the I/c have a dual inlet?

also is it looks like its running 3inch piping not stock size

Edited by [Michael]

Well Jono, you have been called out by a couple of hands-on Mechanical Engineers and a guy with a background in HP drag cars with exceptional attention to detail. Time to produce or slide back into obscurity. I'll be looking forward to seeing these for sale in bulk for about $350 each :D

I've employed and sacked some exceptional welders and boilermakers. At the end of the day I only want them to produce what's on the drawings. If he is really talented he'll get an engineering degree to understand what he doesn't know and to what extent.

As for twin throttles, I've seen them on Excels too. Made an extra 50kw with all the other mods on a 55kw NA engine. Julian Edgar did it years ago with Zoom Magazine. Staging them was a little trick but he made it work.

But what would we know??? We've never worked where everything costs a carton on someone else's equipment and time........

The Mafia,

If this product was being advertised by a well known brand or company, would you post up ur comments of Quote: "Thats just a stupid price" and "Someone is getting greedy." I'll take a hunch here and say you wouldnt even second guess it.

The option you have described would not be viable to sell on a large scale, as the intricate detail in the welding, and the plates would be one that only a few people could do. This meaning you would have to sell a complete and ready to bolt on mani, something i think you would find to be unfeasable. Im going to take a punt here and say this is the main reason why you didnt go through with the sale of them. The option i am offering is one that anyone can buy, as it is a plain bolt on affair.

Also re the manufacture of the plates. You may notice mine are CNC machined, and you will not be able to get them laser cut as there are recesses in the plates for a)recessed bolts and b)water ports. Also every single edge has been deburred on the CNC, something a laser cutter can only dream of. Also the tapped threads have been machined on the CNC. The way you see it in the pics in the other thread, is the way it comes off the mill.

i would have liked it if those with quarms came to me and told me their problems, i woulda been more than happy to talk those through, rather than ranting and raving in an open thread, and then getting all narcy when others shoot them down.

Stay tuned for updates on rhino's car!

The Mafia,

If this product was being advertised by a well known brand or company, would you post up ur comments of Quote: "Thats just a stupid price" and "Someone is getting greedy." I'll take a hunch here and say you wouldnt even second guess it.

The option you have described would not be viable to sell on a large scale, as the intricate detail in the welding, and the plates would be one that only a few people could do. This meaning you would have to sell a complete and ready to bolt on mani, something i think you would find to be unfeasable. Im going to take a punt here and say this is the main reason why you didnt go through with the sale of them. The option i am offering is one that anyone can buy, as it is a plain bolt on affair.

Also re the manufacture of the plates. You may notice mine are CNC machined, and you will not be able to get them laser cut as there are recesses in the plates for a)recessed bolts and b)water ports. Also every single edge has been deburred on the CNC, something a laser cutter can only dream of.

i would have liked it if those with quarms came to me and told me their problems, i woulda been more than happy to talk those through, rather than ranting and raving in an open thread, and then getting all narcy when others shoot them down.

Stay tuned for updates on rhino's car!

i notice the quality of your adopter plate looks identical to the blitz kit, but what i would like to know is how you are going to solve the ACC valve issue and the idle senors? also will you we using gtr injectors and fuel rail and if so how will you wire it up ?

is it as simple as just getting the gtr gear (acc valve) and hooking it up as if it was the gts-t valve? Also gtr injectors use a resistor pack or something along those lines so? would it just be simple to grab a gtr harness and swap the injector part and wire it in?

sorry about the amount of question :D just very keen to get this done

also be very keen to see the results :(

Edited by [Michael]

i notice the quality of your adopter plate looks identical to the blitz kit, but what i would like to know is how you are going to solve the ACC valve issue and the idle senors? also will you we using gtr injectors and fuel rail and if so how will you wire it up ?

is it as simple as just getting the gtr gear (acc valve) and hooking it up as if it was the gts-t valve? Also gtr injectors use a resistor pack or something along those lines so? would it just be simple to grab a gtr harness and swap the injector part and wire it in?

sorry about the amount of question :D just very keen to get this done

also be very keen to see the results :(

without having bolted it on myself, i cant 100% answer the aac question, but im going to guess and say itd be easier to use all the rb26 gear, and just redo the required hoses. This IMO would be cheaper and a better solution than having 3 plates made and bolted to the mani.

Only thing youd change on the fuel rail side of things would be the injectors, to suit your ecu. In the case of someone using an rb25 powerfc, youd have to use Top Feed High Impedence injectors. However if you were using an ecu with tunable injector drivers (like an autronic) you could use any Top Feed injector, and edit the drivers to suit (this is my interpretation atleast, i may be wrong)

without having bolted it on myself, i cant 100% answer the aac question, but im going to guess and say itd be easier to use all the rb26 gear, and just redo the required hoses. This IMO would be cheaper and a better solution than having 3 plates made and bolted to the mani.

Only thing youd change on the fuel rail side of things would be the injectors, to suit your ecu. In the case of someone using an rb25 powerfc, youd have to use Top Feed High Impedence injectors. However if you were using an ecu with tunable injector drivers (like an autronic) you could use any Top Feed injector, and edit the drivers to suit (this is my interpretation atleast, i may be wrong)

thanks for the info :D

one more thing can you use the std rb25 throttle cable or will you need a gtr cable?

Mike with the 26/30 in my race car I used the stoc cable but needed to make a bracket for it to mount to.

I have the 26 AAC under the plenum but with a 9:1 3 litre under there I have not difficulty running the AC at 600rpm. Doesn't miss a beat when it cuts in. Otherwise the plugs are different. For the water temp sensor, I had to change to the 25 unit as the 26 one sent a signal that left the temp maxed out. I investigated no further but might look further tomorrow.

Now the good bit. The TPS is a straight plugin and off the FC Datalogit I have shows the same closed and fully open voltages.

for the injectors I initially used GTR low impedence with a resistor pack that cost $10 and half an hour of soldering. I have since moved to Delphi 65lb/min injectors, low impedence and still no issues on an RB25 PFC.

Mike with the 26/30 in my race car I used the stoc cable but needed to make a bracket for it to mount to.

I have the 26 AAC under the plenum but with a 9:1 3 litre under there I have not difficulty running the AC at 600rpm. Doesn't miss a beat when it cuts in. Otherwise the plugs are different. For the water temp sensor, I had to change to the 25 unit as the 26 one sent a signal that left the temp maxed out. I investigated no further but might look further tomorrow.

Now the good bit. The TPS is a straight plugin and off the FC Datalogit I have shows the same closed and fully open voltages.

for the injectors I initially used GTR low impedence with a resistor pack that cost $10 and half an hour of soldering. I have since moved to Delphi 65lb/min injectors, low impedence and still no issues on an RB25 PFC.

awesome! this is the sort of information i need THANKS! :D

if its possible do you have a pic of the resistor pack?

Edited by [Michael]

Also re the manufacture of the plates. You may notice mine are CNC machined, and you will not be able to get them laser cut as there are recesses in the plates for a)recessed bolts and b)water ports. ... Also the tapped threads have been machined on the CNC. The way you see it in the pics in the other thread, is the way it comes off the mill.

LOL...that was my point when i said the other stuff you woudl know about if you have looked at it :D There is more to it then just a laser cut flange. Lots more to it :(

Be interesting to see some results...just do everyone a favour and try to avoid putting a T88 on at the same time and then trying to work out what the manifold is doing :(

LOL...that was my point when i said the other stuff you woudl know about if you have looked at it :( There is more to it then just a laser cut flange. Lots more to it :(

Be interesting to see some results...just do everyone a favour and try to avoid putting a T88 on at the same time and then trying to work out what the manifold is doing ;)

dont worry roy, dave is soft and is only using a 3071 :D

i like the idea, but the design is pretty large, seems to take up alot of space? is the idea to give one throttle body supply air to 3 cylinders?

what is the I/C endtake design? does it go 2 into one (pipe) or does the I/c have a dual inlet?

also is it looks like its running 3inch piping not stock size

He actually split the larger pipe from the intercooler into two in the way up. Not sure how the division goes, but its done quiet well. They throttle bodies open in parallel

Well Jono, you have been called out by a couple of hands-on Mechanical Engineers and a guy with a background in HP drag cars with exceptional attention to detail. Time to produce or slide back into obscurity. I'll be looking forward to seeing these for sale in bulk for about $350 each :D

I've employed and sacked some exceptional welders and boilermakers. At the end of the day I only want them to produce what's on the drawings. If he is really talented he'll get an engineering degree to understand what he doesn't know and to what extent.

As for twin throttles, I've seen them on Excels too. Made an extra 50kw with all the other mods on a 55kw NA engine. Julian Edgar did it years ago with Zoom Magazine. Staging them was a little trick but he made it work.

But what would we know??? We've never worked where everything costs a carton on someone else's equipment and time........

Geoff, I understand where you are coming from, and I never said that you didn't know anything. But as I said, these guys are good. They always think outside the square when designing something and make sure its going to work. They are some of my closest friends, and as I Said, I pay for materials, and a carton (or two) and they are more than happy to knock pretty much anything up. They are level headed guys, not cowboys looking for a quick buck out of anybody.

And our conclusion was we were looking at simply welding the RB25 runners onto our own plate that would bolt up to the TB's. welding them to the TB's if possible was also another idea. But as I said earlier, we got slack after looking at it heaps of times and probably having a beer too many. It was more me, I decided to go something more simple and get a Greddy copy to put on a 3.0l and RB25 head sitting in my garage that I haven't built yet. We weren't in a hurry.

The Mafia,

Also re the manufacture of the plates. You may notice mine are CNC machined, and you will not be able to get them laser cut as there are recesses in the plates for a)recessed bolts and b)water ports. Also every single edge has been deburred on the CNC, something a laser cutter can only dream of. Also the tapped threads have been machined on the CNC. The way you see it in the pics in the other thread, is the way it comes off the mill.

Lets get something straight - Is there actaully anything more in the kit than what is provided, or just the two plates and some bolts?

I still think that if its just whats shown, $750 is high. Thats about 8-10 hours of labour. The Manifold itself with TBs can be bought around the place for $300, less than half the price of the adapter plate, and there were some adapters selling on Yahoo actions for $350 when I looked last.

This is just my opinion.

Don't forget in mackay, the industrial sector is booming here due to the mining. Everything like material, machinery, and ability is readily available.

BUt in saying all of this - They are very well done, and I was impressed.

I still think that if its just whats shown, $750 is high. Thats about 8-10 hours of labour. The Manifold itself with TBs can be bought around the place for $300, less than half the price of the adapter plate, and there were some adapters selling on Yahoo actions for $350 when I looked last.

I am after an RB26 intalke setup...where do you see them for that price. The places im looking you can get the plenum for that monye, but the throttle bodies all demand the same money again....and then most of the times the plenum doesnt have all the hoses etc on its underside. If you know of a setup for sale at that price i want it !

Regarding your friends manifold. How is it lasting on the engine and power etc etc. Its interesting. Most multi throttle setups feed a common plenum for all the cylidners to feed from. About the only exception is when there is a throttle per cylinder. So using a single TB per 3 cylinders is interesting. But how does he ensure that the flow out of the intercooler is divided equally into each throttle body and to subsequent cylinders????

He actually split the larger pipe from the intercooler into two in the way up. Not sure how the division goes, but its done quiet well. They throttle bodies open in parallel

Geoff, I understand where you are coming from, and I never said that you didn't know anything. But as I said, these guys are good. They always think outside the square when designing something and make sure its going to work. They are some of my closest friends, and as I Said, I pay for materials, and a carton (or two) and they are more than happy to knock pretty much anything up. They are level headed guys, not cowboys looking for a quick buck out of anybody.

And our conclusion was we were looking at simply welding the RB25 runners onto our own plate that would bolt up to the TB's. welding them to the TB's if possible was also another idea. But as I said earlier, we got slack after looking at it heaps of times and probably having a beer too many. It was more me, I decided to go something more simple and get a Greddy copy to put on a 3.0l and RB25 head sitting in my garage that I haven't built yet. We weren't in a hurry.

Lets get something straight - Is there actaully anything more in the kit than what is provided, or just the two plates and some bolts?

This is just my opinion.

Don't forget in mackay, the industrial sector is booming here due to the mining. Everything like material, machinery, and ability is readily available.

BUt in saying all of this - They are very well done, and I was impressed.

Not every body has access to mates that work for cartons of piss Mafia. This project has been undertaken utilising the services of proffessional and trade people from go to whoa. They dont work for peanuts or grog and even if they did they would be raving alcoholics after the first dozen or so of these "carton" payments you allude to.

The project was started because there was enough interest shown by members (including me) to warrant investing the r and d dollars in to making it a viable proposition.

If you have access to sites that sell the plates for around the 3/350 mark then please post them up. Failing that get a ute and head for the bottle o and load up with Mckay currency and start making them.

I would also like access to the 26 plenum and throttle bodys you mentioned. I cant find them anywhere for that price.

You can try and impress us all you like with your knowledge and thats fine but until you have actually undertaken the project and seen it through to the end you truly have no idea of the time and costs involved in presenting the finished product.

Another aspect of this deal that obviously escapes you is the business aspect of this venture. As I said,Not everybody works on the carton of piss contra currency system and i doubt these people are a benovolent society. If they wish to market the product through the regular channels of wholesaler to retailer themselves then the price has to reflect enough room to justify the retailers purchasing said product at a price that leaves them a margin. They arent there for practice either.

At the end of the day the buying public will determine wether it succeeds or fails, I hope it succeeds.

Fwiw I actually have the copy of HPI with the blitz adaptor plae advertised. its reccomended retail was higher than what these guys are offerring it for.

Hi shanef , I had wondered if there was more to the adapter plates than just profile cut/machined holes .

Just to press the point - will the injectors in a GTR manifold with these plates still spray down the inlet ports or will they now be aimed at the inlet ports floors ? I guess the only way to really know would be to bolt it all up on a bare head maybe with the inner section of the 26 manifold .

Doughboy sold me an RB26 top end and inlet system a couple of years ago and luckily for me its R33 RB26 so the TPS and possibly the IAC could be electrically compatible , PFC ECU in my case .

Cheers A .

My GTR inlet setup cost $800 with injectors a while back. With the cost of the adaptor plate, factor in the throttles and fabbing up a plenum I reckon this would be lineball on the cost of doing a completely custom job. if you could get the inlet system for around 300-400 you are well ahead.

with the sort of dollars being mentioned here..

can someone confirm what it would actually cost to buy an RB26 head and bolt it to your rb25 bottom end?

then how much could you sell your RB25 head for?

wouldn't that be a better option?

you get a better flowing head (stock for stock), solid lifters, more aggressive cams (?).

the goodness of FFP and 6 throttles.

I guess if you already have a head with work done to it you'd bother with all this, but even still.. from a dollars point of view, wouldn't it be cheaper to go the rb26 head route?