SAU Community

Rb26 Inlet Manifold And Adaptation To Rb25 Heads .

You can keep the RB26 aac valve, but you have to change to the RB26 oil cooler set up. Also, the RB26 plenum will not clear the VVT solenoid on the side of the motor. It hits a coolant passage, so you either have to do non-vvt cams, or do some grinding/aluminium welding.

Throttle response is pretty cool though :cheers:

im just back from the workshop and we've got it fitting perfectly.

however as you said the vct solenoid & plug does hit the mani so it has to be cut and a piece of angle bar welded onto it. also one of the sensors needs to be moved to the underside of the mani. also the water outlet pipe (the bottom one) needs to be rotated anticlockwise (the hose still fits however).

you can use the rb25 aac, but it needs to be relocated - a bracket will be included in the kit (bolt onto the top 2 engine mount bolts)

clearance between the plenum and the brake booster/clutch cylinder and shockie tower is actually pretty good, id say more clearance than in a gtr

i'll get some pics tomorrow and upload them :thumbsup:

however as you said the vct solenoid & plug does hit the mani so it has to be cut and a piece of angle bar welded onto it. also one of the sensors needs to be moved to the underside of the mani. also the water outlet pipe (the bottom one) needs to be rotated anticlockwise (the hose still fits however).

you can use the rb25 aac, but it needs to be relocated - a bracket will be included in the kit (bolt onto the top 2 engine mount bolts)

clearance between the plenum and the brake booster/clutch cylinder and shockie tower is actually pretty good, id say more clearance than in a gtr

i'll get some pics tomorrow and upload them :cheers:

Noice work Ninja. Cant wait to see it. :thumbsup:

i'll get some pics tomorrow and upload them :cheers:

cool, would love to see pics :thumbsup:

i have just order my kit from japan so should be here within the week hopfully i can do the swap in a weekend if not i might just wait till a buy another daily

I'm pretty surprised you said there is more clearance. Mine is tight as a frogs butt.

Wait, you are putting this in a R33, huh? I've got a RB25 in my R32, so you must have a ton more room.

Just FYI there is a SAU Vic car (Red 32) in latest autosalon magazine using the RB26 setup on 25 head

Go see ben at race pace he has them, if its like his other work it will be impeccable.

Any word on 20DET Adaptation Shane? Or too hard basket?

farken whoops. forgot all about it.

it SHOULD be similar to the 25 setup, with a change of bolt location on the first plate.

where are you located? i'd ideally like to have the car on hand to make sure it all fits. i'll PM u my number so we can have a chat about it - i have a few ideas

QUOTE(dano4127 @ 28 Feb 2008, 12:17 PM)

Just FYI there is a SAU Vic car (Red 32) in latest autosalon magazine using the RB26 setup on 25 head

Go see ben at race pace he has them, if its like his other work it will be impeccable.

Yeah thats my R32.

What do you need to know.

Im verry happy with it. It gives killer response and 40hp straight up.

Understand that Gready pleniums have stuff all responce and have no performace advantage untill about 450kw so there great for drag thats it.

Adz, what size huffer you using mate? All indications are the 20 won't pull enough air through so keen to know the performance on yours, especially at low boost, part throttle, low rpm. Good one BTW :)

Im running a RB25 with a GT3582 or GT3540 in the old language.

Wouldnt recomend the rb26 set up on a 20 head.

Car feels great at all rpm and runns about 15psi. It just feels like it wants to get up and boogy all the time.

any idea when the kit will be available to purchases?

as after exchanging emails with the Japaneses supplier, they said some parts need to be changed and welded :D which i'm not very keen on, Does your kit required anything similar or is it just a swap setup?

and will you be running an adopter to use the rb25 acc value or adopter to run the 26 acc value on the 25?

wish you were located in perth :D

Edited by [Michael]

atm im waiting on the admins on here to get back to me as i need trader status. That was over a week ago when i asked them.

if you want to retain your VCT, then there will be some welding required (look at the pics in post 66, near the vct solenoid)

no adapters need to be used for the aac :down:

atm im waiting on the admins on here to get back to me as i need trader status. That was over a week ago when i asked them.

if you want to retain your VCT, then there will be some welding required (look at the pics in post 66, near the vct solenoid)

no adapters need to be used for the aac :)

what are the benefits of retaining the VCT? and is it as simple as removing that section of the gtr plenuming and welding the gts-t part on?

what are the benefits of retaining the VCT?

"V-TEC just kicked in....YO!!" :)

Basically you get the cam and mapping responding to whatever computer you use to change the inlet timing relative to the engine RPM.

So on my race car, with no VCT but using GTS25t PFC I have the VCT set to over 10,000 RPM, so nothing changes at all.

I haven't looked hard enough to know about the welding.

"V-TEC just kicked in....YO!!" :)

Basically you get the cam and mapping responding to whatever computer you use to change the inlet timing relative to the engine RPM.

So on my race car, with no VCT but using GTS25t PFC I have the VCT set to over 10,000 RPM, so nothing changes at all.

I haven't looked hard enough to know about the welding.

interesting, where on the pfc h/c does it show the VCT setting, as i might have alook see at mine

interesting, where on the pfc h/c does it show the VCT setting, as i might have alook see at mine

You have to have datalogit and the software. You can't get to it in the hand controller.