SAU Community

Rb26 Inlet Manifold And Adaptation To Rb25 Heads .

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Latest Posts

• Yes. This engine cost a very large amount of money to build. It's a Frankenstein necessitating lots of custom parts and lots of fabrication and fettling to get things like big ends to clear the bottom of the bore, etc etc. The rods and bolts were supplied by the owner. Hence why the rods were Chinesium. Some lessons need to be learned the (very, very) hard way, apparently. I was aware of the stories going back about that far as well. I just wanted to see if the reality was as bad as the fear.
    • Looks great!  The problem with that brace is nobody can see it!
    • Hi and welcome. What are you planning to do to the car or will you keep it stock?
    • https://windowmotor.com.au/collections/02-07-v35-nissan-skyline?srsltid=AfmBOorAnTNYaD1tXzczAKZFqnDkZy23WgPXNfVscyeRKHhVNkiaC-WH https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-v35+stereo/k0  
    • Heaps of historical info on this, a quick Google gave dates back to 2012, all talk about identification markings, dimples, shapes of mounting surfaces, washers, that are concave or something to match the fasteners mounting surface, which ARP states that if the washer, if it uses a washer in its application, isn't the right way around, it can cause premature failure,  even if it was torqued up correctly with whatever lube is meant to be used There is even talk about getting the bolts Xrayed to check the structure, one was about some builder getting multiple sets of bolts, having them Xrayed, and picking from those results Nowadays identical "looking" fake parts, in identical looking fake packaging are everywhere, with all the markings and stuff, the only way you know they are not legit is Xray or when they fail I assume if you don't want fake parts, and don't have a Xray machine handy, is to get them directly from ARP in the USofA, aftermarket rod and head bolts aren't something to take for granted  Imagine building a big dollar build only to find you lunch it because of an inferior fake fixture let go 😫