SAU Community

why you shouldnt goto a nissan dealership!

wow, what a fool.

I wouldnt let anyone test drive my car if it was half decent, unless they were a qualified mechanic.... not some random apprentice who does 90kmh in a 60 zone on a "test drive" :(

man that is a sad story. So what about payment, they wont be able to replace it with a new one, so what can u do? and also looks like it a had a couple of mods on it (exhaust, stereo, etc), so that has to get paid out, plus hardship for not having a car for a few weeks.

There's no way I'd be able to say what all my little mods were to my car, so there's no way I'd be able to list them to them so that they could replace them. I tell you what though, I'd be nice and pissed off if that was my car. Especially one that they can't replace anymore.

I wonder if he'll get compensated for the things like the Silvia badges and any other small mods.

i can't see my mate getting anything more than the insurance amount it was insured for. being a nissan dealership makes it no difference to it being a little workshop around the corner.

its life. life sux sometimes. he will probably get a pay out from his insurance company, thats what its for. if i was owner of the dealership, i'd say "sue me". why would i give up a brand new car for something i know my insurance is going to cover.

yeah zactly franks, he'll only get his insured value, in fact he'll probably have to claim on his own insurance and pay the excess.

If his policy allows new for old replacement they'll just pay him the list price that he bought it for (happened when my old 200sx was stolen)

I had a huge fight with a local workshop a few years ago when they crashed my old laser when they were servicing it.

BTW, waste of a good set of azenis, I hope he gets to keep them :D

I'm sorry, that car was stolen in my eyes. Im sure there is no way in hell that they are allowed to take a customers car off site they did not have too. Threaten them with taking them to court and see what they do.

That makes me so sick. That little prick had no right to do that.

Seek proper legal advice, you are not just looking for an insurance settlement following an accident. I imagine you will be sueing the dealership for negligence in not properly supervising it's appretice and failure in it's duty of care towards your property

addit: This could be a case for one of the Sh*t Hot guys who charge 50% of your settlement for a win and nothing for a lose

agree with 51jay. get the suckers cos the service managers should be just as responsible as the apprentice for property that has been passed onto them by a customer.

If they nick the car whilst it is in service, they should fix it right? If the f**k the car up then they should replace it.