SAU Community

Lakeside Track Days

MountainRunner

Hey Guys,

I have been talking to Keith from Queensland Raceway and they are planning on having the calendar for Lakeside sorted out late next week. At this stage nobody has been given any firm dates. The Time Attack day will be the next private track event held at Lakeside. We are also up the top of the priority list for dates this year.

Paul

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

whats going to happen with noise restrictions at lakeside?

alot of the timeattack entrants arent exactly quiet?

I can't wait for the opportunity to have a drive there.

Michael

whats going to happen with noise restrictions at lakeside?

alot of the timeattack entrants arent exactly quiet?

I can't wait for the opportunity to have a drive there.

Michael

the noise limit was 92db last Wednesday. If you were over that, you got sent home - no refund. I'd say that's what they're going to stay with. So make sure your car is quiet before you go to Lakeside - it will save you money/hassle, and it will keep the local residents happy - well, as happy as possible. Noisy cars will ruin this for everyone.

I don't think so. If the noise limit and conditions are made clear before you enter, no problem. The possibility of forfeiting an entry fee might make people make sure their car is quiet enough before they go out there - which is best for everyone. If Lakeside is to survive, noise restrictions need to be taken seriously.

should add its a 92db drive by restriction - so you're on the track when you are measured.

Edited by hrd-hr30

good-o 92db at which distance and on which side of the car (please say right, please say right, please say right)

I would suggest noise measurement would be from the outside of the track, which is where the houses are. That would make it left side of the car. However as you know pits is on the right side so maybe they stand there? HRD-HR30 would know more having been there.

yeah there gonna have to be tough!! when i was there the other day a motorbike cruised around the track at about 60 kph and it was fairly quiet, when i went up for a drink ( about 5 miutes later)

they lakeside guys were on the phone talking to a local complaining about the noise of the bike!! :)

Edited by giant

Apparently there's just one particular resident who does the complaining, a lady who evidently isn't into racing.

Re the Db meter, it was positioned on the wall below the tower, so, on the right side of the car. That's not to say it won't be moved in the future. Maybe someone involved can tell us if it's gonna be in a fixed position?

I assume the meter looks something like this (but no weather gear of course):

wsthree.jpg

So maybe if someone used something like this:

B5Green2S.jpg

....everybody would be happy. Except the little old lady who complains cause she's got nothing better to do, but Australia has pretty much always been a "majority rules" country anyway :P