SAU Community

Lakeside Track Days

MountainRunner

That's correct, most people are flat past the tower. The quick cars (aka Skylines/Supras/Porsches) are usually 180+ there, with a slight lift/brake tap for the kink approx 200 metres further on.......

Giant's 32 would be better than 400 klm/h there I'd say.

Edited by Marlin

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

400 ? typo ?????

and yea, im not gonna bother with lakeside till they have semi realistic noise restrictions =\ a stock HSV or anything with some grunts would prob be above 92 at the top of a gear going along that straight.

400 ? typo ?????

and yea, im not gonna bother with lakeside till they have semi realistic noise restrictions =\ a stock HSV or anything with some grunts would prob be above 92 at the top of a gear going along that straight.

400? No, of course I'm not serious, just a sarcastic quip mate.

That's fair enough, but I don't think a stock anything would get pinged. The only one pinged the other day was a racing 993 air-cooled Porsche with open pipes. Johnnyo's 300+ rwkw Gtr wasn't bothered at all...... neither were HEAPS of other cars.

!!!

Another track for us QLDers!! I can't believe this is reopening .. brilliant! I'd be really keen to get out there and in on one of these, I'm emailing now!

awesome

will we be duplicating this process at the Timeattack day 25th March at QR?

Really keen to see if the GTR passes.... :down:

Edited by wrxkilla

Went out for a private track day at Lakeside yesterday with about 20 other cars (M3's, Aston Martin, Porche, 6L supercharged holden ute, commodores, GTST, 200 SX, etc, etc).

Gotta say the track is awesome compared to QR. No cars had any problems with the 92Db limit. My car (no side pipe) was 82Db on the drive- by (and was the loudest too by the way).

Whilst there are a lot more walls and barriers around the place, it is a very rewarding track. Main straight is a blast although the "kink" can be a little unnerving at high speed.

If you have never driven the track before (as was with me), I can highly recommend it.

Start off gently, get a couple of sessions in and before you know it you are going twice as fast as you think you can through some sections.

Hopefully they will keep it open forever, great track.

Didn't do any stationary 5000rpm tests - just fly-bys and the occasional take off.

There were some pretty growly V8's and the likes - mine isn't exactly the quietest of cars either.

None of which exceeded the readings at all.

Hey,

New to the forums and new to skylines, Just brought my self a R34 GT-V and have been looking for somewhere I can let loose legally.

I know what some of you are thinking, WTF u doing wanting to race a NA skyline for? well you have to start somewhere. and I have big plans for having one of the most powerful NA skylines around.

Anyway, I live on the coast so Im not too far away from lakeside. what are the requirements to be able to take your car out on the track?

Thanks

Hi Grunta,

If you want to get into track days, sign up at www.TimeAttack.com.au click the Join Now button at the top right and fill in the details.

To do sprints you need a road worthy car, long sleeve non flammable clothing (100% cotton like jeans and long sleeve shirt), covered shoes and a helment.

You will also need to purchase an AASA license to do Lakeside or Qld Raceway which you can get from the track admin on the day for $55

Paul

Didn't do any stationary 5000rpm tests - just fly-bys and the occasional take off.

There were some pretty growly V8's and the likes - mine isn't exactly the quietest of cars either.

None of which exceeded the readings at all.

Hey macca, the aston peaked at 94db on hard takeoff when the valves opened up, but was well under 92db on the main straight.

Cheers,

Shane

I'll pass this on to members of the Z Car Club, none of who frequent this forum unfortunately so no PM's. Hope the contact details are on the QR site :glare: