SAU Community

Official Launch At Melbourne Motor Show

sewid

just going by what mr engineer said.. i didnt look inside :cheers:

hmmm, well im going to sit on the fence on that one. A senior Japanese gearbox engineer told me there would be no manual but according to many the rumors are reported that it will. No point guessing. The proof is when i actually see it - likewise with the speed limiter.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just got back from another drive in the thing. It was wet tonight and there was plenty of traction loss. I really believe the tyres are losing traction because of the cars weight but meh, i could be wrong..

Its nice to have a mate who owns one though! :cheers:

That doesn't make sense.

Glad you had fun though!

lol, yeah Sewid, i dont understand it... i suppose it was because of the greasy shinjuku streets but taking off from the lights it was slipping and slipping - not clutch but traction, yeah? Strange.

But yes, anyways, a lot of fun none the less! It is a great car.

oh and as a side note, koichi is 6 foot 4. Tall bloke by japanese standards and his head was like, almost touching the roof. Again with his seat set the way he had it, there was only an inch or two between the back of the drivers seat and the passenger seat.

Im glad i dont have to sit in the back!

So how are things working out with you two?

lol, just peachy thanks, Laurence. :cheers:

Hows that relationship with Brie coming along?

Edited by m3gtr

Good to hear, I gotta get myself a Koichi...

actually I have just finished vomiting from food poisoning. I think Brie and I need some time apart.

Edited by Laurence

Good to hear, I gotta get myself a Koichi...

hmm, if youre ever in tokyo i can let you borrow one. :cheers:

Dont tell me, she made you sick? What a bitch Brie is. I told you she was no good mate.

Edited by m3gtr

sounds like only thru nissan

*sigh. personal import will always be an option regardless of what nissan do or don't do. it is the low volume SEVS import method which has a question mark over it.

Nissan might try and pull the sit one in the show room and say it is sold or as for Mazda and the RX7 it had $150,000 price tag which no one would pay so DOTARS worked out what Mazda were up to and took approval off them which allowed RAWS approval for the post 9/99, Toyota and Mitsubishi also tried the same type of thing stopping SEVS import but DOTARS said they were not meeting the Full Volume requirements and took full volume approval off them.

If stocks of the R35 GTR are not in the show rooms around Australia and 6 to 12 month wait for more cars coming into the country or they go sorry all sold come back in 12 months that is not meeting the full volume requirements and they should be SEVS eligible.

its not gonna have a manual, because the box is in the rear end of the car.. theyre not gonna run a 2mtr long connector pipe thingy from the inside of the car, to the rear.. it'll become to clumsy, its bad enough on FWD cars let alone one with the box in the boot.

Plus a manual trans will shift too slow compared to what it has now :ninja:

its not gonna have a manual, because the box is in the rear end of the car.. theyre not gonna run a 2mtr long connector pipe thingy from the inside of the car, to the rear.. it'll become to clumsy, its bad enough on FWD cars let alone one with the box in the boot.

Plus a manual trans will shift too slow compared to what it has now :ninja:

That is not the reason they wont have a manual, plenty of other cars have had rear mounted manual transaxles.

Plus a manual trans will shift too slow compared to what it has now :)

Porsche did it... so have Alpha Romeo and a bunch of others... if not 90% of transaxles...

90% of transaxles?? the GTR is the first to have a rear mounted independant transaxle.. so plenty of other cars DONT have it because the GTR is the only car that has it atm.

btw.. porsche have the engine with the box in the rear end.. its a different type of transaxle altogether. theyre setup is like every other FWD car ever invented. as alfa and everyone ur thinkin of

Edited by Bumblebee

90% of transaxles?? the GTR is the first to have a rear mounted independant transaxle.. so plenty of other cars DONT have it because the GTR is the only car that has it atm.

btw.. porsche have the engine with the box in the rear end.. its a different type of transaxle altogether. theyre setup is like every other FWD car ever invented. as alfa and everyone ur thinkin of

The GT-R is in no way the first car to ever have a rear mounted independent transaxle. Do some homework before thinking you know everything geez. Plenty of other cars have and plenty of those have been manuals. If the yanks could do it back in the 90's with the C4 corvette im sure Nissan could figure it out if they cared to.

do some homework?? lol tell that to the whole world then. the gtr is the first to have independant rear transaxle.

Thats what they claim, and they wouldnt get it wrong :D

"The Nissan GT-R features a newly developed Premium Midship package, including the world's first independent transaxle 4WD developed independently by Nissan. "

i missed the 4wd part.. but its still the one and only going around

Edited by Bumblebee