SAU Community

Car Dyno'd.... Not Happy :(

joeleo87

all mate motor repair i think hes across from the parafield airport go down the service road after the car yard keep going till u get to the water bed shop turn there and go down to the end on the right should be in phone book if u cant find

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

140 is about right with std boost on a stock turbo. :S

Stock turbo mine it felt slow. No real urge through the mid range.

Mine made 152rwkw on 12psi stock ecu, 3" exhaust.

Tuned ecu they make around 170rwkw with 14psi or so.

Once i got 15psi in to it it transformed the car; gave it heaps more mid range. Drove it like that for 100,000km's ~3years until I finished building the new motor.

As for mine. rb30det (r32 rb25de head) with all the standard bits + a gt30r on the std exhaust manifold. Same 3" exhaust.

no he probably put 15psi thru the stocker like i am until i finish building my RB30DET.

i made 150RWKW on 11 psi (stock boost) with my brand new 040. Before when the pump was leaning out, i was running 141RWKW same boost same every bit of hardware, just a different day.

so your power seems about right with a leaning out pump.

u got 15 psi out of a high flow 33 turbo? couldnt b the 32 turbs.

A stock rb20det turbo.

The stock rb20det turbo's @ 1bar on a 'street' r32 rb20det is perfectly fine providing its not leaning out or detonating.

If its doing either kiss the turbo good bye.. Ensuring the tune is good is the key to longevity.

i rly wanna see how much i can get out of the RB20, you never see RB20's in mags or nothing always 26s,25, sr20s etc etc.. so im not sure how to go about it.

i think ill go talk to jeff b4 every1 gives me a beat down :P

i rly wanna see how much i can get out of the RB20, you never see RB20's in mags or nothing always 26s,25, sr20s etc etc.. so im not sure how to go about it.

i think ill go talk to jeff b4 every1 gives me a beat down :P

haha good boy.. the rb20 is good but its just alot smart to go rb25 for more power, the rb20 doesnt have the torque to start spooling bigger turbs! pretty sure the old yellow onevia from jms was running 280rwkw+ with rb20! your most prob better gettin the rempa then save for 25 conversion, it also good because jeff is now remapping 25's yay!!

haha good boy.. the rb20 is good but its just alot smart to go rb25 for more power, the rb20 doesnt have the torque to start spooling bigger turbs!...

god damn it i was afraid some1 was gonna say that..... how much do the conversions go for these days?

haha good boy.. the rb20 is good but its just alot smart to go rb25 for more power, the rb20 doesnt have the torque to start spooling bigger turbs!

Im putting a Trust TD06 20G 8cm turbo on my car in a week or two, removing the RB25S2 turbo, Expecting to see a full 1.2 - 1.4 bar by say 4000 rpm or so. And Ill be using a 8500 rev limit which I wouldnt be comfortable using on a 25. 4000rpm to 8500 is a pretty wide powerband to be using at full boost. Hoping to make a solid and reliable 250 odd rwkw's.

Will be changing to a RB26 6 throttle plenum as well, and possibly tomeii poncams down the track to gain even more response should I need it.

Sure, Could have gone to an RB25, but my engine has only done 50 - 60,000 kms, even comp across the board, leakdown test good, besides, it's all ready in the car, and top top it all off, a 20 costs half to a 3rd of the price to replace if I should pop it.

Nothing wrong with a 25 by any means, just Im a hardcore fan of the 20, and it made much more sense to me to keep the 20.

Im also upgrading to a RB25/Z32 gearbox with a twin plate, and a single piece tailshaft, hoping to have pretty much a bulletproof driveline, which is a good thing to have in a drift car.

Nothing wrong with keeping the 20 in it, pop it and go to an RB25DE, and bolt all your 20 gear to it and still keep the costs down.

I guess it all comes down to what you want out of the car and how much you're willing to spend.

Edited by R31 drift pig

Nope.

Getting an adaptor plate made. Waiting for costing as we speak.

Otherwise Ill be going for a Custom made BTR plenum, or a RIPS bolt on job.

Yeah, it makes the bay look a shitload neater, but Im also hoping cutting 3.5 foot of pipework out will help with response. Also makes plug changing/servicing a shitload easier.

There are probably better things to spend your money on first though.