You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Latest Posts

• I don't have a Stagea but what I've found after a quick search is that the S14 Silvia "winkers" (as they call them in Japan) do indeed fit the 260RS Autech, but are a little more 'curved' in appearance. I'm sure you've seen this already but it seems that the S14 winkers are easier to get. There were companies like KT Project who made aftermarket clear winkers for the Stagea (pre-facelift) but they are gone now and pop up on Yahoo auctions from time to time. Maybe someone else has the genuine ones? I couldn't come up with anything at the moment for sale.
    • Got quoted £50 per knuckle to vapor hone them, so bought a sand blasting cabinet and did it myself  Pretty happy with the first attempt  I didn't get a before picture, I was too excited to use my new toy  The knuckle was pretty much black though when I started
    • Sounds like all you want is a button on your CAN dash pad that is for 2-step / anti lag launch.  Hold the button down, rev limit gets set to whatever you want, say 5000 rpm. Then mass timing is pulled and a heap of fuel is dumped in for fun times. Want more bangs and flames, pull more timing or add more fuel or both lol.  Obviously the more you use the fun button, the shorter the life of the entire hot side of your motor. So valves, turbo, cat, any sensors in the exhaust, etc etc. Well, if you are using it for its intended purpose it is very rewarding. If you are at the drags and want to launch on full boost, how else are you going to do that?
    • Engines are expensive. You already mentioned having thermal management issues with your car, anti-lag dramatically raises EGTs and can easily damage a cylinder head. If your goal is actually to improve transient response I recommend VCAM. DBW can also help here. Instead of a simple mapping of accelerator pedal position to throttle opening instead you interpret the accelerator pedal as a certain torque/power request and the throttle will open more or less to achieve that. So if your desired acceleration requires getting 0.5 bar of boost the throttle will silently go wide open to spool the turbos, then as it gets to that target intake manifold pressure it will adjust the throttle back to the steady state target. Another trick you can play is detecting when a shift is happening using a strain gauge and clutch switch for example and rather than snap the throttle shut when the accelerator pedal closes you cut fuel injection and hang the throttle open to keep the turbo from slowing down. This is a pretty complicated trick to play though as if it got stuck in that logic you would have engine runaway and you want to make sure the engine RPMs actually fall at a reasonable rate instead of rev hanging badly.