SAU Community

Car Camera Mounts

Downforce

chasecam.com for a DVR solid state camera kit inc. bullet cam, alot cheaper than that well-overpriced Xrace cam kit.

yeah they're pretty much all the same as well..

could be a nice business to get into if people want to throw money away like that haha

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

Go_Pro_camera.jpg

I sell the GoPro Motorsport camera's here in Australia.

If anyone would like one, you can contact me at [email protected]

All of my camera's are sent Overnight Express so generally you'll have them the next day, unless outside of a metro area in which it will probably take an extra day. No waiting to receive the camera from the USA, if you receive it at all! Also, because it is bought here, you are covered by a 1 year replacement warranty! Gives you a bit of piece of mind should anything go wrong. We will also help you troubleshoot any problems, instead of ignoring you once you've paid your money!

If you'd like more info or a spec sheet, feel free to email us.

For the money, you won't find a better system!

Have a look at a sample video, mounted on the front spoiler of a Porsche 928:

And another:

And another:

He's made some awesome video's!

so that thing is suction based im assuming???

Hey Andrew,

It comes with a suction cup mount for mounting on the inside and outside of windscreens and windows, body panels, motorbike fairings, surf boards snow boards and wakeboards, pretty much anything that is relatively flat and smooth. By the way, they are water proof to 30 metres so can be used in the rain, snow or surf!

Also included in the pack are 4 adhesive backed quick release clips you can stick on body panels for a more permanent mounting position that you often use, on your helmet, the limit really is your imagination! We're about to use these in Marine Biology to study sharks. There really is no limit to what you could use them for!

So to answer your question, yes, you can use the suction cup. We have tested them at up to 292km/h on the roof of a 996 GT2 at Drive Bathurst '07 multiple times over the week and had no problem. They have also been tested on the *OUTSIDE* of a plane at 150mph without drama.

Feel free to contact us at [email protected] for more info or to purchase them.

Luke

(Race Supplies Sydney)

There's alot of suppliers for the GoPro HERO cameras now. There are a couple of places you can buy from in Melbourne.

http://www.vsport.com.au is one place, and also meridian motorsport http://www.mmsport.com.au. I've noticed all the places sell them for $259 without a SD card. You can buy 2Gb SD cards for $15 from PC hardware shops like MSY.

$259.99 is the RRP.

For people outside of Sydney, i can include free delivery. I send my camera's by Overnight Express, which is next day delivery unless outside of a metro area. Takes 1 extra day usually.

is that $260 for the mount, or with a camera?

Check the attached picture for what is included in the price. There are the 3M adhesive backed quick release clips (for helmets and body panels, etc), suction cup mount, RCA/USB cable for transferring the footage to your laptop/PC/TV/VCR, various plastic arms to allow mounting on any angle, the waterproof case and the camera.

So it's a complete camera and mounting kit, not just a mount. Camera is under a 1 year warranty from date of purchase in case anything should go wrong, but i am yet to have any problems.

I also sell a "Get Started" package which includes the Camera with mounting kit, 2GB SD Card, 2 x AAA rechargeable batteries (as well as 2 x AA rechargeable batteries as an extra), a battery charger and freight for $320. Everything needed to pull it out of the box and use it. Customers can elect to have the batteries pre-charged or not. Some people just want a solution and don't want to have to find individual pieces, so that is why i offer it. I take a few dozen packages out to the track with me when i sell them so that people can purchase them and use them straight away!

Dezz, if you'd like a spec sheet, send me through an email and i'll attach one for you.

post-29416-1211969123_thumb.jpg

All i have is a bit of threadbar through my parcel shelf, a piece of 6mm x 25mm aluminium plate bolted near the top, screw my cyber shot 3.2 on it, lock with nuts, and put zip ties through the plate and around the camera so if the thread breaks out of the camera its still secure. Its all very secure and stable, cant come flying off. Its no DVD quality but its easily watchable.

This sound like it may pass cams scrutineering?...has only been through a Winton funday...

• 2 months later...

I have just got a Hero camera and will be using it for the first time at Sandown on the 31st of August.

My only issue with them so far is that there is a bit of play in the mounting when it slides into the quick release base. I'm trying it tomorrow to see how much it impacts the footage with vibration, however a little bit of rubber packing should fix that.

Apart from that, it's a great bit of kit.

Regards

Andrew

Wish I'd seen this thread a month ago. I bought a panavise sucker mount which works well, accept for the rake of the front screen is such that the camera (and it's a small one) won't sit upright. It can only be mounted portrait style.....Cost $100 too. Bugger.......

Wish I'd seen this thread a month ago. I bought a panavise sucker mount which works well, accept for the rake of the front screen is such that the camera (and it's a small one) won't sit upright. It can only be mounted portrait style.....Cost $100 too. Bugger.......

Hey,

If you get sick of that, feel free to contact us at [email protected] and we can go from there!

Edited by Lukus

• 2 months later...

Just bought a new mount setup from Videocraft (videocraft.com.au). It consists of a clamp and double ball pivot system, both made by Manfrotto.

It mounts to my roll cage, either on the diagonal bar or side upright. Top quality gear & exactly what I wanted.