SAU Community

Rb26 Into My 33 Gtst

so how hard is it? anyone gone through this yet? will be transferring gtr motor and gearbox over to my 33 gtst and want to know what parts i will find difficult apart from getting the parts needed for the conversion itself and any other related info would be great!

i have in my possession already the motor, box, loom, ECU, fmic, afm's, and other engine related parts already. i know i will need a Y-pipe or wateva that part from the dumps to the cat is called. also have upgrade fuel pump already diff is 2way.will the mounts line up? will i need any other parts that ive left out? need as much help as possible! thanks everyone!

Dom

so how hard is it? anyone gone through this yet? will be transferring gtr motor and gearbox over to my 33 gtst and want to know what parts i will find difficult apart from getting the parts needed for the conversion itself and any other related info would be great!

i have in my possession already the motor, box, loom, ECU, fmic, afm's, and other engine related parts already. i know i will need a Y-pipe or wateva that part from the dumps to the cat is called. also have upgrade fuel pump already diff is 2way.will the mounts line up? will i need any other parts that ive left out? need as much help as possible! thanks everyone!

Dom

dude you can use the gtst 5 speed, theyr identical except for the transfer case. as for fittup, theyr identical motors to bolt in. you will need the ecu and exhaust done, but basically straight in shel go!

sounds too easy...lol so basically its a straight drop in? ecu wise ive got it with the loom as well which came as a package :) is there any difference over which is better between the GTR box and the 33gtst one? will i have any issues regarding running only RWD rather than 4WD?

My GTS25t race car has a 26 head on 30 blockwin turbos, GTR inlet and t

I use a GTS25t power FC, GTS25t temp sensor, single AFM, resistor pack and low impedence injectors. Otherwise it's all RB25DET connections.

is there a MASSIVE performance difference between the rb25det and the rb26dett? will my driveline need any upgrading? brakes should be sufficient im guessing coz 33gtst are the same as 32 gtr (non brembo).

GTRgeoff- did all the engine bay accessories fit straight up eg power steering, aircon, etc etc? and is everything literally bolt straight up to the 26?

is there a MASSIVE performance difference between the rb25det and the rb26dett? will my driveline need any upgrading? brakes should be sufficient im guessing coz 33gtst are the same as 32 gtr (non brembo).

GTRgeoff- did all the engine bay accessories fit straight up eg power steering, aircon, etc etc? and is everything literally bolt straight up to the 26?

the gtr and gtst gearboxs are exactly the same internally and will handle the same amount of abuse.

You will actually see a gtst withstand a tad more punishment hp wise purely because there is a fusable link (the rwd) so it will smoke tyres before it will break the box itself, a gtr will just grip and put everything under more strain. I dont see a reason why the stock box wouldnt happy take 500-600rwhp with some decent oil in it.

The rb26 on stock turbos at 15psi will be much quicker than the rb25 with stock turbo at 15psi, so you will notice a very nice jump in power.

Goodluck with the conversion, you will be baking tyres :cheers:

sump wise i was wondering if i could use the 33 gtst sump to put onto the gtr motor?

in my gtst will be running in RWD anyways, therefore the power handling and abuse tolerance should be the same then according to what R34GTFOUR is saying. my old setup of stock rb25det motor with highflowed turbo, trust full exhaust, apexi front mount and with about 1bar boost (yes that is it) felt very quick and nearly no boost lag. planning to get a dyno run done (finally after 3yrs hahah) to see before and after figures to compare torque and any other relavant info. with the 26 going in, it will be running completely stock, apart from pod filters, full exhaust, probably get it running at 12 or 14psi daily and a JUN remapped computer.

SHOULD I MAKE SIMILAR/MORE PERFORMANCE FROM THE 26 considering it is a torqueier motor with an extra turbo....?

hey you wont be able you use the 25 or a 30 sump they are not deep enough to clear the crank cradle, you will have to mod the standard sump by cutting out the front diff arangment. If you use the rb30 pan all its made out of is pressed steel sheeting where the 26 sump is 6-7mm alluminium and this will be greatly stronger and help with the block regidity.

• Like 1

Where did you hear that rot???

Look in the thread below. Maybe you will find something I haven't.

The stock oil pump is as good as you will need. Just make sure the pump drive is a later model, not an early one.

And keep the GTR sump and remove the diff. It holds no oil for the sump. Do fit a filter relocator and cooler and add about 1 litre extra if you go to the track. Also, while the sump is off fit a gated oil collector around the pickup.

All the accessories will fit but the harmonic balancer on the gtr has different drive pulleys, so get a good after market RB25 one from one of the traders. They all use the same crank nose so it will fit.