SAU Community

If you know a mate with same gtr swap the hicas ecu in the rear parcel shelf and give it a drive. It was a simple fix for a mates car.

it is an aftermarket steering wheel, came with it though and yeh ive had a wheel allignment recently but it has done it since the day i got it... as i said it doesnt seem to affect anything...

i will check the fluids as mentioned above.. see what happens..

if you have aftermarket steering wheel forever, and the light comes on after a while without turning corner, forever, it is almost certainly the steering wheel on crooked.

find a straight flat area, drive a couple of m, take the steering wheel off at the big nut, put it back on straight. should fix the problem - hicas throws an error when your wheel is crooked because it thinks you have been driving in circles for the last 20min

• 2 weeks later...

how long are u driving in a straight line for?

on the older model's the HICAS ECU picks up that the car is going at speed but because it's in a straight line the ecu get tricked in to thinking that there is no signal or false signal from the steering angle sensor so it turns of the HICAS system to be on the safe side. not a major problem but still a problem. sorry but i can't remember any fixes for the problem. try looking on UK forums they have a lot of straight hiway/roads an i have read that a few people have found a fix for it

hope this helps

well im gunna try what Duncan posted above on the weekend,

but to answer your q neofenrir34 its literally just when im heading along a highway, as an example and im not sure if you know but say if i get on the bruce highway and start heading towards the sunny coast from brissie then within 5mins of driving along the highway the light will come on...