SAU Community

Which Of These Pistons Should I Buy For My Rb26dett Build?

GKTECH

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It reads *freight all up is around $110USD* lol

AHHHHhhh i see now! *opens eye's*

I haven't heard good things about cometic head gaskits, two of my mates (sss pulsar/rb25det) have both blown the gaskit, alos read some links about the sealing of cometic gaskits.. not so good.. . I'd be going tomei..

I've just ordered all my parts.

It ended up costing just under $1,700AUD landed.

CP pistons, 86mm, $759.99

ARP head studs, $257.95

Cometic head gasket (86mm, 1.2mm), $158.99

ARP main studs $165

ARP rod bolts $84.93

Freight to Australia, 3029 $105

TOTAL $1531.95USD

Add the 10% gst and the customs fee when it arrives.

Or get the supplier to give you a dummy invoice (less than $1k) and avoid all duties and taxes by clearing freight as a SAC.

There is no Customs fee.

Edited by 09ONE_32

Add the 10% gst and the customs fee when it arrives.

Quite often personal purchases aren't stopped in customs.

That said, even if I were to pay 10% GST on top I'd still be paying much less than the prices I got quoted within Australia but again, I doubt very much that there will be custom fees.

Yep, no doubt you're in front.

When I ordered my custom pistons from the states I forgot to ask the seller to change the value on the invoice. When they arrived they were held by customs and I had to clear them myself, pay 10% and a small customs fee. They were valued at US$1000.

There are fee's with a SAC too, not much, but they are exist. Unless its changed within the last 3 months.

Either way you will still be ahead a massive amount. The States is an awesome place to buy these kind of parts at the moment.

When I ordered my custom pistons from the states I forgot to ask the seller to change the value on the invoice. When they arrived they were held by customs and I had to clear them myself, pay 10% and a small customs fee. They were valued at US$1000.

There are fee's with a SAC too, not much, but they are exist. Unless its changed within the last 3 months.

Either way you will still be ahead a massive amount. The States is an awesome place to buy these kind of parts at the moment.

It'll be fine :P

*fingers crossed*

Yeah you lucked out with the $1kUSD on the invoice. If it was $999.99AUD then no duty or GST.

No Fee to lodge a SAC if you are a broker :D

Edited by 09ONE_32

I've just ordered all my parts.

It ended up costing just under $1,700AUD landed.

CP pistons, 86mm, $759.99

ARP head studs, $257.95

Cometic head gasket (86mm, 1.2mm), $158.99

ARP main studs $165

ARP rod bolts $84.93

Freight to Australia, 3029 $105

TOTAL $1531.95USD

are you able to say where abouts you got all these from?

Check your pm's

i'll save you some money there :(

they also quoted me around 190-250us for postage, but max 4 days delivery

oops.. may have been a little too late on this one!

for everyone else...

http://www.horsepowerparts.com

have a whole selection of parts for rb's and their prices are cheeper than ebay

Edited by Angus Smart

Check your pm's

i'll save you some money there :thumbsup:

they also quoted me around 190-250us for postage, but max 4 days delivery

oops.. may have been a little too late on this one!

for everyone else...

http://www.horsepowerparts.com

have a whole selection of parts for rb's and their prices are cheeper than ebay

Good prices!

You can usually screw them down a little more if you call them and ask for their best price. I called a place over there when I was looking at brakes. A 6 piston brembo kit for a GTR with 355mm rotors was about USD$2900 or about $3200 AUD. I will be buying a set but not at this point in time. It helps that the Australian dollar is good against the green back at the moment too.

Good prices!

You can usually screw them down a little more if you call them and ask for their best price. I called a place over there when I was looking at brakes. A 6 piston brembo kit for a GTR with 355mm rotors was about USD$2900 or about $3200 AUD. I will be buying a set but not at this point in time. It helps that the Australian dollar is good against the green back at the moment too.

Delivery for those brakes would be a sh!tload though wouldnt it?

Got a link to the brakes ? :)

CP are a good piston, but unfortunately the same can't be said for the rings they supply with them

+1 on the rings

+1 again for JE rings.

I would suggest CP pistons with HKS rings or JE pistons with HKS rings.

Another option would be mahle rings. Just make sure you get the right ones for the pistons you buy.

With the rings, are all the brands using the same size rings? I need some new ones for my weisco pistons and wondering where to get some.

Also greg can you update us on how good the delivery from erics performance parts is, im about to buy from them if its all good.

Edited by GTR1993