SAU Community

My Car Just Shuts Off.

I'm driving normally and my car just switches off?

Today was the 2nd time it has happend, I was entering the freeway and i just gave it a bit.. and it started jerking.. like it was about to switch off.

while i was going through normal suburbial streets .. it just switched off while i was driving at a really low speed.

initially i thought, it may have overheated, because it's been hot these past few days in melbourne.

There are no leaks, temp gauge is normal though.

could it be the fuel pump not working properly? i just got a 040 installed a few months ago.

hit me me some ideas guys.

thanks.

yeah check the cas... it may make a rattle noise on idle if its stuffed.. will sound like a stuffed idler beraring. if the as is stuffed, when it reaches a certain temp it will shut off. does it have trouble starting after it has stalled..?

mate u r in luck coz i have an r32 gts-t with the same problem when i first bought it, you need to buy an AIR FLOW METER, that would fix ur problem gauranteed 100%, DONT BUY SECOND HAND THEY WILL DO THE SAME AFTER A WHILE< found out the hard way but when i bought a brand new one the car has been since :)