SAU Community

Looking At Buying A Nikon D60

Fugi

• 3 weeks later...

I'm just after buying a Nikon D80, I talked to everyone I know about camera's and after lots of thought and research came to the conclusion that there is feck all difference between Nikon and Canon camera's..... it just comes down to which one you prefer holding.

I got mine from ebay, normally I wouldn't buy anything expensive from there but a friend had used the shop and found them reliable and cheap.

The shop is called "digital rev" and I have to say- where very helpful and efficent.

I bought a Nikon D80, 135mm lens, 300mm lens, battery grip +extra batteries, SB800 flash gun and a few other bits. After paying for the items, the shipping from japan to Ireland, getting caught for 90euro VAT....... it still cost me about 700euro less than it would have here in the shops.

The D60 was surpost to go up against the EOS40D, but franklly their miles apart...

The D60 is simplly a D40x replacement and hs no really good new features...

Yet the Canon 400D dropped in price dramiticlly when the 450 was announced, for the money a 400D twin lens kits is impossible t beat when it comes to value for money...

Also the reason the majority of photographers choose Canon is the after sales service and the range of accessories on the market...

Not to mention they were first to most of the current technoligys in DSLR's thy are the tip of the sword in this industry...

I mean Nikon still use Sony parts to make their cameras (CMOS sensor, cleaning system etc etc)

Canons all in house still and all made in Japan still...

I had a canon which was 2 month out of warranty and they still repaired it free of charge, and not to mention is was only a week turn around and they lent me a camera to use while mine was away...